sandisk ultra 2 1gb cards at j&r.com

2»

Comments

• Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    Firewire
    Curious...why don't you guys buy this

Anything similar that has a Firewire interface? No USB 2.0 on my notebook.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    mercphoto wrote:
    Question: where does it put the files on that hard disk? What I mean is, are all the pictures put in the top level directory? Or is there a new directory created each time you insert a card? The reason I ask is if you reset the file numbering each time you format the card in the camera, then you get identically named files. Or if you have one set of photos from this card, another set from a different card (or second use of the first card), and you want to keep photos grouped.

By the way, my nicely-priced 2G ultra-two card from buy.com, still has not shipped...

Each time you press copy on the drive, it creates a new file called CF0001, CF0002 etc up to CF9999, when all the file numbers are used then the drive is unusable until the numbers are cleared.

My 1GB card arrived from Hong Kong today but I don't have any time to shoot
  • Options
    Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2004
    andy 20d
    What card are you using on your 20d and how does it run? Is the 20d like the mark2? As fare as speed? On my way to pick up my 20D!! :)iloveyou.gif
    www.dipphoto.com
    All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    digismile wrote:
    On my 10D I would get about 166'ish on a 1G flashcard. I would expect your Rebel should be about the same.
    That is about what I get with a 512 mb card and jpeg, Laughing.gif. Still have not heard that my card has shipped. From Buy.com everyone, buy.com.

You all can e-mail them for me and someone else saying what you have heard about their slow service.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    What card are you using on your 20d and how does it run? Is the 20d like the mark2? As fare as speed? On my way to pick up my 20D!! :)iloveyou.gif
    All you rich people, with healthy cameras, I have you all beat. I am getting some shots that are not bad with my Canon Elph!

And they sure upload a lot faster. I noticed that right off, but didn't stop to think that is because they are smaller files. rolleyes1.gif

ginger

Have fun with your "big people" cameras. Remember Noblesse Oblige. That means that your shots must be stupendous. I can do turn in just about any old shot, it is the camera's fault. With your "guns", you ain't got the camera to blame.

Gotta keep thinkin' here.
  • Options
    slooow service
    ginger_55 wrote:
    That is about what I get with a 512 mb card and jpeg, Laughing.gif. Still have not heard that my card has shipped. From Buy.com everyone, buy.com.

You all can e-mail them for me and someone else saying what you have heard about their slow service.

ginger

My Rebel: 512M card, 157 photos at large-fine JPG at ISO 100. Lower count at higher ISO's. In RAW, 69 photos.

With a 1G card, 314 photos in large-fine JPG at ISO 100. In RAW, 139 photos.

My 2G ultra two has also not shipped. Yes, slow service... :(
    A former sports shooter
  • Options
    ginger_55 wrote:
    All you rich people, with healthy cameras, I have you all beat. I am getting some shots that are not bad with my Canon Elph!

And they sure upload a lot faster. I noticed that right off, but didn't stop to think that is because they are smaller files. rolleyes1.gif

ginger

Have fun with your "big people" cameras. Remember Noblesse Oblige. That means that your shots must be stupendous. I can do turn in just about any old shot, it is the camera's fault. With your "guns", you ain't got the camera to blame.

Gotta keep thinkin' here.

A good resolution pic on here is about 100kb so for the majority of shots, unless you want to turn them into posters, it makes little odds how many mega bits you throw at it.
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2004
    Stan wrote:
    A good resolution pic on here is about 100kb so for the majority of shots, unless you want to turn them into posters, it makes little odds how many mega bits you throw at it.
    I miss some of the choices I have on my Rebel. And the lens switching. That is one reason I am asking permission so much, I have to get closer. Have a bit of a telephoto on the Elph, but not enough to take a "people" shot without being obvious.

So, I do miss that, and a few other things, otherwise, the Elph is fine right now.
    And the files upload so much faster. Every time I add files my PC acts up, even the smaller files, but it is not acting up as much.

ginger (37% of my hard drive is free, that should be fine, shouldn't it? My hard drive likes 45%)
  • Options
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I miss some of the choices I have on my Rebel. And the lens switching. That is one reason I am asking permission so much, I have to get closer. Have a bit of a telephoto on the Elph, but not enough to take a "people" shot without being obvious.

So, I do miss that, and a few other things, otherwise, the Elph is fine right now.
    And the files upload so much faster. Every time I add files my PC acts up, even the smaller files, but it is not acting up as much.

ginger (37% of my hard drive is free, that should be fine, shouldn't it? My hard drive likes 45%)

Sorrry Ginger I did not realise you had changed your camera, I was looking at the elph as a point and click when the rebel is just too big, maybe soon.

I bought a 160gb external hard drive for my laptop and put all my pics straight onto that so it keeps the limited space on the laptop free. It runs much more quickly now.
  • Options
    Stan wrote:
    Sorrry Ginger I did not realise you had changed your camera, I was looking at the elph as a point and click when the rebel is just too big, maybe soon.

I bought a 160gb external hard drive for my laptop and put all my pics straight onto that so it keeps the limited space on the laptop free. It runs much more quickly now.
    I would bet it does run quicker.

My Rebel is sick, it is at the hospital for repairs, they said 7 to 10 days. Happened the first of last week. Took me a few days to pick my Elph up and use it.
    Then I realized I didn't remember how to use it. Good thing I found the manual.

I do like the Rebel, it is easier to put a telephoto on, it is bigger that is true, but if I really want, I can put a telephoto on to get a picture without all the hassle and questions.

With the elph, it is small, but I have to be close to the people, and if they are noticing me, well, they are either smiling at me, staring at me, or yelling at me, so I just kind of feel I have to say something. I usually ask nicely.
    It is actually harder to hide than the big camera.

I never realized that before.

I will have both again, hopefully, in about a week. I am pleased at the results I am getting from the Elph, I always did say it was a good camera. Now I realize how good, and it is not the latest, it is the 230.

ginger
  • Options
    arthillarthill Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2004
    2 gig Sandisk Ulta
    Two gig for $169 at http://www.ecost.com/ecost/ecsplash/shop/detail.asp?dpno=377446
    andy wrote:
    best deal i've seen in a while: sandisk 1gb card, it's an ultra 2

$99 bucks.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, however, there is.
    In order to understand recursion, you first have to understand recursion.
    Art Hill
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2004
    Going fast
    arthill wrote:

In the last 20 minutes they've already sold 4 of the 30 cards they had. Order fast.

I've cancelled my buy.com order. Bought a second card from them. First card took two weeks to arrive. I'm tired of their slow order fulfillment. Cancelled buy.com, ordered from the above instead.
    A former sports shooter
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2004
    Great customer service
    mercphoto wrote:
    In the last 20 minutes they've already sold 4 of the 30 cards they had. Order fast.

I've cancelled my buy.com order. Bought a second card from them. First card took two weeks to arrive. I'm tired of their slow order fulfillment. Cancelled buy.com, ordered from the above instead.

Wow! I ordered my card from ecost last night, with over-night delivery, and Fed Ex tried to deliver this morning! This is a huge difference in my experience with buy.com which took nearly two weeks. They still have this card in-stock if anyone still wants one.
    A former sports shooter
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2004
    mercphoto wrote:
    Wow! I ordered my card from ecost last night, with over-night delivery, and Fed Ex tried to deliver this morning! This is a huge difference in my experience with buy.com which took nearly two weeks. They still have this card in-stock if anyone still wants one.

OK, I ordered one - Fedex overnight. It better get here because I'm going to San Francisco on Thursday and I sure don't want it sitting out on the driveway while I'm gone. They tend to do that, just dump it out on the driveway and leave. They must get brownie points for getting done early or something.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog