Options

Challenge 23: Time (a few for starters)

ishish Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited October 14, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I am still looking for "the" shot for this theme, but here is a more literal approach to the theme (which I was trying to stay away from, but I liked the color of this clock)... ;)

Six Thirteen:

9574687-M.jpg

Six Fourteen:

9574686-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2004
    second one
    I am not sure about the two but you do have a good eye I think you will be very competitive here [darn\] the blue fence is catching ,the second one if i was to pick? i was really impressed with the last challenge shotthumb.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited October 10, 2004
    I like the pattern and colors of the second one the best. Great eye! thumb.gif

Laurie
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2004
    I will admit, I have had a real tough time finding shots for this theme. It seems like such a simple word, a simple conceptl... Yet its been a struggle. haha.

ANyways, as I contiinue to look for a shot I am really enthusiastic about, I did take these to go along with the theme:

Time as a function of decay: Rust
    9785479-M.jpg

9785478-M.jpg

9785476-M.jpg

Time as a function of moving light: Downtown Chicago

9785463-M.jpg

I may end up going with one of these, but this weekend I will seek out the theme a little more. :)
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2004
    *Fixed previosu post*
  • Options
    1ClickAway1ClickAway Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2004
    that last picture is awesome, good job
    changed user to "Brett"
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2004
    Downtown Chicago is a cool shot. I was trying to figure out how you got theshot without being a lunatic and standing in the middle of the road. Then I noticed the yellow lines which I presume are there marking some type of median that you were standing on. Maybe you could clone those lines out. Make the effect even cooler if people cant figure out how you got the shot.

I like it alot though. My favorite of all the ones youve posted so far. Your first two were a close second though just cause they were an awesome effect and I still cant figure out how you got the fence to look like you did.

Nice work

Mike
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    FreeUpsFreeUps Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2004
    Ish I couldn't even tell you why, but I'm really really feeling this one.

I guess it would have to be the fact that everything here lies very easily. Its a very simple composition. It holds two very simple shapes. Very easy on the eyes.

the 9 o'clock lighting creating the those narrow deep shadows is really cool too.
    9785479-M.jpg

And to top it off, I love the color scheme.

I'm not so sure how it fits into the challenge criteria, but its a keeper.
    No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2004
    ish wrote:
    I will admit, I have had a real tough time finding shots for this theme. It seems like such a simple word, a simple conceptl... Yet its been a struggle. haha.
    Time as a function of moving light: Downtown Chicago

9785463-S.jpg

I may end up going with one of these, but this weekend I will seek out the theme a little more. :)

I'm enjoying your unique POV, and great job on the Chicago shot--seems pretty viable for the challenge (as well as the last one, which often happens around here...)

Lynne
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2004
    Thanks for checking out the photos everyone~~~

miketaylor01, With the two fence shots, I bassically saturated the colors a little more in photoshop, so the fence takes on a more striking look. The original looks pretty similiar really, but a little less punch maybe because it was a dark shot. :)

Freeups, the shot you mentioned is sort of minimal and I think that maybe that aspect distracts from the fact that you are looking at rust (decay, time) so maybe it will not work as well for matching the theme.. Depends on the viewer I guess... :) I do like it though because the rust was so rich in color.

Lynn, I think I will use this downtown Chicago one for my submission mainly because it seems to fall into the theme most of them all. I will try to see if I can get a few more possibilities this weekend though, there is always something better out there waiting to be found. <smirk>