9824498-M.jpg
no color correction
9821652-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2004
    Lyn

I really like the first shot. There seems (well to me anyway) to be a sense of peace about what you have captured.

White horses are really beautiful.

Happy!
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    ishish Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited October 14, 2004
    I love horses, probably my most favorite animal. I think the first shot is the best of the three. No offense to the horse but he/she is not so photogenic with his/her mouth open! :)
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2004
    ish wrote:
    I love horses, probably my most favorite animal. I think the first shot is the best of the three. No offense to the horse but he/she is not so photogenic with his/her mouth open! :)

Laughing.gif, the yawn was to emphasize the time of the shot, if the shadow didn't pin it down enough. Thanks guys.

Lynne
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2004
    What a funny horse!!
    Lynne,
    I love these shots. Your mare is so funny. Can you make her yawn like that, or did you just wait for her to do it naturally? I notice her eye is closed in the first one. She does look sleepy. rolleyes1.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    cowgirl21cowgirl21 Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2004
    That first shot Rocks! I love horses and the first shot shows how wise she is. She looks in deep thought and completely relaxed!
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    Lynne,
    I love these shots. Your mare is so funny. Can you make her yawn like that, or did you just wait for her to do it naturally? I notice her eye is closed in the first one. She does look sleepy. rolleyes1.gif

They tend to do them in series of 3. She did two series of 3! She will do many things for me on request, such as rolling or itching her leg, but so far yawning isn't one of them--though I think she did the second series because I praised the first. She doesn't yawn very often.

Some shots are really elusive--like trying to catch the foal standing on the bottom pipe of her 4 rail corral, with her head above, looking out over the top. She could hurt herself doing it, but cocky wench, she's even done it standing next to me. Comes by it honestly, her daddy does it too even now as a 7 yr old stallion. I want to build her a pedastal, like the elephants have in the circus. Am convinced she'd find a way to put all 4 feet up there.