Options

>>> challenge 24 - landscapes <<<

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited November 1, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
dgrin challenge 24 is here. it will run from monday, october 18th at 12:00:01 a.m. nyc time, through monday, novemeber 1st at noon nyc time. the guest judge this is going to be the winner of challenge 23, as determined by the voters.

remember, in order for everyone to benefit, you should be commenting and critiquing for others as much as you expect to get for yourself. you've got to give to get!

challenge 24 is about landscapes. the wide sweeping vistas, dramatic skies, bright and vivid colors that reverberate throughout the scene - ok yep - but don't forget: a landscape can also be a cityscape, a leafscape, a pondscape, well, you get the idea :deal it can be many things, actually. imagine shooting a leaf, with a 250D diopter on your lens - you could caputre an entire "leaf-scape" - it's all about scale - small and intimate or grand and wide... your choice :deal

here are some relavent articles:

one two three

*** i made a special exception this challenge, and i am allowing photos taken as early as noon nyc time on sunday october 10th ***

here's what i would call a traditional landscape, a broad sweeping view, sweet light, dramatic color.
7324992-L.jpg

something non-traditional .. from the air, a sweeping view, and the tonality really came to life when i converted this to black and white
7325006-L.jpg

same here - that's why i picked black and white for this shot:
5957655-L.jpg

if you have it, you could use infrared photography to increase the drama
7325051-L.jpg
4882253-L.jpg

no doubt many of you in the northern hemisphere have or are able to get some delicious fall colors in your landscapes:
9612155-L.jpg

i have made up a landscape shooting tips thread, it's located right here

this thread, is the one into which you post your challenge entry, and remember, one entry per person, and the photo must be fresh, taken during the challenge period. you must post the date the photograph was taken or it will be deemed ineligible.

all of the rules of the dgrin photo challenges apply, please read them!.

***challenge 24 will close to entries on monday, november 1st, 2004 at 12 noon nyc time***

enjoy (challenge) photography,

Comments

This discussion has been closed.