Options

Show Prices On Website? Good or Bad?

THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
edited May 19, 2006 in Mind Your Own Business
For a photography business website, is it better to show your prices or leave them off the site so they have to call?

Thanks!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin

Comments

• Options
    mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    For a photography business website, is it better to show your prices or leave them off the site so they have to call?

Thanks!

Speaking purely as a consumer, I would be far less likely to buy anything if I can't see the price. Only if I really, really, really wanted it would I make an exception.
  • Options
    audiaudi Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:

Thanks!

I would definately show prices. Otherwise visitors may just think its a personal site for showing photos.

But I suppose if your business is something like wedding photography, a "call for pricing" would be acceptable. :D
    "See how willingly Nature poses herself upon photographers' plates. No earthly chemicals are so sensitive as those of the human soul. "
    -John Muir

http://www.austinbphotography.com

Nature Photographers Community
    Founding Member
    http://www.smugmug.com/community/NaturePhotographers
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2006
    Be upfront, make a pricing page for your session fees, daily fees, event fees, prints, etc.
  • Options
    THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    Great! Thank you guys. I was starting to second guess it.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    I would show them if you can...as said above 'from a consumers point of view' def.
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2006
    Showing your prices also serves to prequalify the people who do call you. You waste less time on callers who are not going to really hire you.

That does not work for an outfit that relies on the hard sell to make their money of course. They want anyone and everyone to call in the hopes they can upsell. So it really depends on your business model. You have to pick the right one for you.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie