Options

more fall colors - and share yours, too!

2»

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited October 24, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    I managed to find the only dead leaf in south Georgia.

10295862-S.jpg

This shot is such a great demonstration that warm colors - red, yellow, orange - approach the viewer and that the cooler colors - green, blue - tend to recede from the viewer.
    I love these very simple looking images that are so effective and a lot harder to create than most people think. Well done, Thomas!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited October 24, 2004
    andy wrote:
    one more just found it lol3.gif

10273337-S.jpg

This image must break all the rules of composition and still succeeds nicely.
    :D:D:D

Very Nice Andy!!!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:

Very Nice Andy!!!
    Sweeet light Andy, love the novel compo as well.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:
    This shot is such a great demonstration that warm colors - red, yellow, orange - approach the viewer and that the cooler colors - green, blue - tend to recede from the viewer.
    I love these very simple looking images that are so effective and a lot harder to create than most people think. Well done, Thomas!
    Hey Path, Here is another simple shot that I thought you might enjoy. Still lookin' for leaves...

"Lichen on Crepe Myrtle"
    9108684-M.jpg
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    That is a perfect barn. I don't have those either. I took some photos this spring of nothing houses, they should not have been good, but they were.

Then again nothing beats red. My father used to wear red if he knew he was going to have his picture taken in an outdoor type setting.

So, Andy, how did you get those two different exposures together again. My book has me doing a lot of work, some of which I don't understand, but I can do it, just don't have it memorized. Is there some way you "paste" them easily together when you get one on top of the other?

Your result is great!

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    pathfinder wrote:

Very Nice Andy!!!
    It has three of those tree things, three, always three, like your smile. I don't think I ever would have thought to do that, though. Who knows.

However, I didn't do it, Andy, you did, I really like it.

gclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

(If you don't have three, just make sure that it is an odd number, as in :D one)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    It has three of those tree things, three, always three, like your smile. I don't think I ever would have thought to do that, though. Who knows.

However, I didn't do it, Andy, you did, I really like it.

gclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

(If you don't have three, just make sure that it is an odd number, as in :D one)

thank you, ginger, and everyone. sometimes you gotta say, "rules schmulez!"
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    two more, and i think i'm done for the weekend....
    10325631-L.jpg
    10325172-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    thomas
    i lichen your shot, thomas :D
  • Options
    MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2004
    Longwood Gardens
    This was a shot taken near the meadow section of Longwood gardens
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2004
    Brown Floweaves..
    I don't know what they are called for real, but I call them Floweaves because they look like they are half flower, half leaf. When the sun shines through them, the shadows of the overlapping leaves creates a secondary, darker, leaf pattern. Sorry of some of them have blurry spots. Some mist got on my lens from some fountains, and the detail on the LCD didn't pick up on it. I'm sure its digitally repairable, but I am not that good with editing programs just yet.
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2004
    another floweave shot..
    floweave shot 2
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2004
    pathfinder re: the three trees ...
    pathfinder wrote:

Very Nice Andy!!!

i was thinking about this shot - one reason i took it was i thought that the texture of the bark (rough, sharp, clearly defined) would contrast nicely with the soft fluffy colors of the oof tree leaves in the distance. maybe that's why the central tree doesn't ruin it?
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2004
    A funny thing happened on the way to the mountains
    Last weekend I took a little (200 mile) ride to the Blue Ridge to take some pictures of the fall foliage that is still in it's first stages around here in DC. Got there and the sun went behind the clouds pratically the whole time I was up where the best colors were. On the way home about 2 miles from my house I saw these, some of the best color to date. While I was taking this shot some one in a car stopped to take some pic's as well, had to tell them about how I went 200 miles to filnd color and wound up finding the best so close to home. HA HA!rolleyes1.gifStill it was a nice ride...
    fall-trees.jpg

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D