Options

I can't choose, HELP!!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    They're all beautiful shots but my first instinct was number 1, it really works for me.
  • Options
    ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    That is great Harry
    Hard to choose...
    # 1/3/4/10/7
    Good luck and pls.let us know about result.
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Stef wrote:
    They are all great.. and one day I will be able to do that too! :D

I say #9 is a must. I love it!

Thnaks Stef and you will be getting these hsots very soon. My wildlife shots were just terrible when I started shooting wildlife 3 years ago. I just kept shooting, took a few training sessions with pros and kept on shooting.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    I really like 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10. All are fantastic shots. Very difficult to choose!
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2006
    and.......
    THE FINAL DECISION
    After many changes of mind and self doubting I have decided to go with

#1 - I just think that's my best shot of the season

#3 - It captures the nest building activites at the rookery

#6 - I just love those woodstork heads

#11 - Il ove the pose and the expression on the juvenile tri-color in the air.

the last choice was a knock down tumble between #9, #5 and #12. In the end I decided to go with #5 because it has the strongest comp with a line running from the upper left corner down to the lower right.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Harryb wrote:
    and.......
    THE FINAL DECISION
    After many changes of mind and self doubting I have decided to go with

#1 - I just think that's my best shot of the season

#3 - It captures the nest building activites at the rookery

#6 - I just love those woodstork heads

#11 - Il ove the pose and the expression on the juvenile tri-color in the air.

the last choice was a knock down tumble between #9, #5 and #12. In the end I decided to go with #5 because it has the strongest comp with a line running from the upper left corner down to the lower right.

You've chosen wisely (Indian Jones, "Holy Grail") thumb.gif:D
  • Options
    Osprey WhispererOsprey Whisperer Registered Users Posts: 3,803 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Oh ..I don't know about those selections Harry. I'd change all of them except #1. I'd pick #104...#55...#74...and #129. :uhoh

Good luck...hope it's a portrait format calendar.
    Mike McCarthy

"Osprey Whisperer"

OspreyWhisperer.com
  • Options
    CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    I like 11 , its different, and the 3 egret babies, i llike the second egret carrying the big stick. all are nice,
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    79053429-S.jpg

79053433-S.jpg

79053446-S.jpg

79053437-S.jpg

I think you have better chick feeding shots. Were they not shot at the proper location?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    79053429-S.jpg

79053433-S.jpg

79053446-S.jpg

79053437-S.jpg

I think you have better chick feeding shots. Were they not shot at the proper location?

I probably do Sid. I'm sure that if I went through my St. Augustine gallery again I could find another dozen or so contenders. I'm doing some gaming here in my selections and trying to get types of shots that will be different than my competition.

I've visited the galleries of the photographers who will be likely to enter the competition and they all have some great chick feeding shots that are similar to lots of mine own. I'm hoping that my shots will stnd out a bit by being a tad different from the other submitted shots. Of my entries only #3
    is like the shots I've seen captured by other shooters.
    Harry
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Choices, choices
    Of course #1, the veiled chicks, as I think of it, is my favorite. The others are all good, but I think your final choices are the best ones. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited July 5, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    Of course #1, the veiled chicks, as I think of it, is my favorite. The others are all good, but I think your final choices are the best ones. Good luck!

Thanks Dee. I will report the outcome next month when they announce the winners.
    Harry
  • Options
    JohnDCJohnDC Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    Photo votes
    Harry --- Here are my subjective reactions. You've heard it before--your photos are too good to compare with anything except each other --- John

#1: like you said, no brainer. Subject and composition so great that they are startling, and technically very fine.
    #3: the other nest builder has a nicer branch, but this pic has nicer composition and nicer wing pose (with nice translucency).
    #5: Of these two feedings, this one has: (1) better geometry, (2) better contrast with background, and (3) you can see both bird faces.
    #6. This one begs for a caption. What are they saying to one another? Passing on a rumor? Complimenting each other's complexion? Discussing wrinkle creams? But be careful with any stork's on its way jokes.
    #s? The two tricolor (Louisiana?) herons. Both are very nice, they are top shots, and too different to be redundant. Use both.
    #9 As far as chick pics go, I'd go with this one
    #10 Too Hollywood. This bird knows she/he has it, and flaunts it. Belongs on a book cover or one of those signed shots you get from the publicity department. In the old days this kind of behavior would have gotten her/him on a hat.
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2006
    JohnDC wrote:
    Harry --- Here are my subjective reactions. You've heard it before--your photos are too good to compare with anything except each other --- John

#1: like you said, no brainer. Subject and composition so great that they are startling, and technically very fine.
    #3: the other nest builder has a nicer branch, but this pic has nicer composition and nicer wing pose (with nice translucency).
    #5: Of these two feedings, this one has: (1) better geometry, (2) better contrast with background, and (3) you can see both bird faces.
    #6. This one begs for a caption. What are they saying to one another? Passing on a rumor? Complimenting each other's complexion? Discussing wrinkle creams? But be careful with any stork's on its way jokes.
    #s? The two tricolor (Louisiana?) herons. Both are very nice, they are top shots, and too different to be redundant. Use both.
    #9 As far as chick pics go, I'd go with this one
    #10 Too Hollywood. This bird knows she/he has it, and flaunts it. Belongs on a book cover or one of those signed shots you get from the publicity department. In the old days this kind of behavior would have gotten her/him on a hat.

Thank you veyr much John for your valuable feedback.
    Harry
  • Options
    Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    Harry,

Glad you finally made your choice! I bet #1 gets published!!! Good Luck!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2006
    Trish323 wrote:
    Harry,

Glad you finally made your choice! I bet #1 gets published!!! Good Luck!!!!

Thanks Trish. How are you doing?
    Harry
  • Options
    evil eggplantevil eggplant Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    What Andy said.
    Andy wrote:
    I didn't even have to wait for all the photos to load.

#1.
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Just great stuff Harry. I wish I had your problem!
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    dallasdallas Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    I'll vote for 2 - 5 - 6- 9 - 11- 13 thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 9, 2006
    What Andy said.

Its good to see you two agreeing biggrinbounce2.gif
    Harry
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Just great stuff Harry. I wish I had your problem!

Thank you very much.
    Harry
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2006
    dallas wrote:
    I'll vote for 2 - 5 - 6- 9 - 11- 13 thumb.gifthumb.gif

Thanks for your feedback William. Of course I mailed in my entries already but I still appreciate it. :D
    Harry