Options

Newbie ...need your help

indulgentsoulindulgentsoul Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited July 6, 2006 in Sports
Hi All,

I have got into photography a year back.
Whatever time I get off from my job, I try to take some photos.
I recently went to F1 Silverstone and took a few snaps with my Fuji S7000 (my first and only camera).

http://indulgentsoul.smugmug.com/gallery/1557757/5

Since I am an amateur and people over here are good photographers, I would appreciate if you could tell me the mistakes I have done and how could I improve.

Thank you

Regards
Nikhil

Comments

• Options
    j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    I'm newer than you so I'm not even going to attempt a C & C..

However... I would give some advice and pick out a few photo's for C&C. I don't think there will be too many to go through a 97 picture gallery. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    I have got into photography a year back.
    Whatever time I get off from my job, I try to take some photos.
    I recently went to F1 Silverstone and took a few snaps with my Fuji S7000 (my first and only camera).
    Nikhil

It's always tough to shoot racing, through a fence, with a wide angle, or from too far away.

75229489-M.jpg

Like you had to do here...it gives you a memory, but not much else.:cry

75235893-M.jpg

Here it looks like you were in a tight space with extreme back lighting. I think you did a pretty good job framing this shot, considering where you were, and having no control over the bright background.

Enjoy you first, and only camera, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more. Pay attention to the settings, remember the good ones do again. Remember the bad ones, try to avoid..:D

Some of your shots would have been much better, if you could have stopped those two guys from getting in your way.......rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    xtnomadxtnomad Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Good start. Shoot Shoot Shoot. 15524779-Ti.gif
    xtnomad :wink
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2006
    Jeffro wrote:
    It's always tough to shoot racing, through a fence, with a wide angle, or from too far away.

True, the camera zoom is max over here....needed more zoom and should have placed myself in the upper stands to avoid the fence.
    Jeffro wrote:
    Like you had to do here...it gives you a memory, but not much else.:cry

So true would keep that in mind next time and go early and take better positions.
    Jeffro wrote:
    Here it looks like you were in a tight space with extreme back lighting. I think you did a pretty good job framing this shot, considering where you were, and having no control over the bright background.

Can I do anything about this bright lighting in the photograph...I mean can one reduce it and how?
    Jeffro wrote:
    Enjoy you first, and only camera, shoot, shoot, and shoot some more. Pay attention to the settings, remember the good ones do again. Remember the bad ones, try to avoid..:D

Thanks for your advise and help Jeffero.

Some of your shots would have been much better, if you could have stopped those two guys from getting in your way.......rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

which two guys ? ? DInt understand

Thanks for your advise and help Jeffero.
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2006
    j-bo wrote:
    I'm newer than you so I'm not even going to attempt a C & C..

However... I would give some advice and pick out a few photo's for C&C. I don't think there will be too many to go through a 97 picture gallery. Just my thoughts.

J-bo, next time will list less photographs..dont want to bug you guys with my amateur photography. :D
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2006
    xtnomad wrote:
    Good start. Shoot Shoot Shoot. 15524779-Ti.gif

Yup xtnomad..thats the idea..shoot shoot shoot clap.gif
  • Options
    j-boj-bo Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    J-bo, next time will list less photographs..dont want to bug you guys with my amateur photography. :D

I looked at em all! I could say what I see, but don't have the skills to tell you what you could do to make them better as I'm learning also. But I just didn't know how many of the pro's in here would take that time, so it was more of a suggestion to get you more feedback.

Jeffro is a great guy on here (a pro) and I heed to his advice often. thumb.gif
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    j-bo wrote:
    Jeffro is a great guy on here (a pro) and I heed to his advice often. thumb.gif

Thanks for the compliment, and all though I do get published, I don't consider myself a "pro" in the truest sence of the word. You see a pro is defined as making like 51% of their income from photography, which I don't, and probably never will.:cry

I guess I could quit my real job, and make 100% of my income from photography headscratch.gif but I like eating, having a home, clothes on my back....rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I do however try to be as professional as I can be...:D
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2006
    cool guys ....I am already on to concentrating more on light and locations now onwards as Jeffero said.

Thanks for your invaluable feedback.clap.gif
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2006
    j-bo point taken mate.....I see what you mean. thumb.gif