Options

Sierra colors in the snow.

docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
edited October 18, 2006 in Landscapes
These were taken in the Hope Valley area, south of Lake Tahoe on Highway 88. The first storm of the season had passed through the day before, leaving a nice layer of snow. Unfortunately, I was still a little early as the colors really weren't at their peak yet (at least we had some snow, though).
Taken with rebel xt, 24-105, tripod, circular polarizer.

102565903-L.jpg

102565917-L.jpg

102565970-L.jpg

102565985-L.jpg

Thanx for looking. Comments, critiques appreciated (especially the brutally honest ones).
Kevin.

Comments

• Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    thumb.gif

Okay, I just replied to you in my thread and then discovered this one. I have photos of #1 minus the snow (that's just past the hwy 89/88 intersection), which I didn't post. I think the snow just adds enough to make that shot more interesting than what I got; and of course #4 you were referring to in my thread. Was #3 shot with a lensbaby or just zoom while shooting?
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • Options
    docbelldocbell Registered Users Posts: 110 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    BeachBill wrote:
    thumb.gif

Okay, I just replied to you in my thread and then discovered this one. I have photos of #1 minus the snow (that's just past the hwy 89/88 intersection), which I didn't post. I think the snow just adds enough to make that shot more interesting than what I got; and of course #4 you were referring to in my thread. Was #3 shot with a lensbaby or just zoom while shooting?

Hey Bill, thanx for the reply. The third shot was not with a lensbaby, I was just 'playing' around, doing a quick zoom out.
    Kevin.
  • Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2006
    Neat shots, my favs are the zoom and natch the cabin shots. Very nice! Maybe not brutal cause I liked them too much!
    Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com