Options

How to I reset the prices in multiple galleries for portfolio pricing?

photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
edited October 17, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have several galleries that I need to remove all pricing from so that they default to portfolio pricing, but I'm not sure how. I have one emptied and I was going to use that to copy pricing from, but it doesn't show up. Do I have to just empty all 15 of them manually?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 16, 2006
    In your Pro Pricing main window there is a bulk pricing button on the top: "Galleries (bulk)". Using that you can select which galleries fall under which pricing structure.
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2006
    truth wrote:
    In your Pro Pricing main window there is a bulk pricing button on the top: "Galleries (bulk)". Using that you can select which galleries fall under which pricing structure.

The only problem is that when I drop down all the other galleries, I don't see the gallery that I've removed all the prices for so I can't do it in a bulk format. Or am I looking at it wrong?
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2006
    The only problem is that when I drop down all the other galleries, I don't see the gallery that I've removed all the prices for so I can't do it in a bulk format. Or am I looking at it wrong?
    Hi There wave.gif

Since I don't use pro pricing, I had to look this one up :D It does indeed seem there is no way to bulk-clear the prices on categories. I'm sorry. You will have to go to the individual galleries, and select to clear the prices. I'm sorry, I wish I had a different answer for you.
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Hi There wave.gif

Since I don't use pro pricing, I had to look this one up :D It does indeed seem there is no way to bulk-clear the prices on categories. I'm sorry. You will have to go to the individual galleries, and select to clear the prices. I'm sorry, I wish I had a different answer for you.

Guess what! I found out the way... The gallery I was trying to use as the one to grab prices from had never had any pricing assigned. On a whim, I tried to use another gallery that USED TO have pricing set, but that I had emptied (so it would use portfolio pricing) was still there! Sure enough, I was able to use that to set the pricing for the rest of my galleries that needed it.

Now I'm not sure if this is something that will be cleared out of the SM database after a while, but for the short term, it worked... (Probably wasn't supposed to, but it did. Laughing.gif!)

Thanks, Ivar, for looking it, though! I appreciate the help....
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2006
    Guess what! I found out the way... The gallery I was trying to use as the one to grab prices from had never had any pricing assigned. On a whim, I tried to use another gallery that USED TO have pricing set, but that I had emptied (so it would use portfolio pricing) was still there! Sure enough, I was able to use that to set the pricing for the rest of my galleries that needed it.

Now I'm not sure if this is something that will be cleared out of the SM database after a while, but for the short term, it worked... (Probably wasn't supposed to, but it did. Laughing.gif!)

Thanks, Ivar, for looking it, though! I appreciate the help....
    Seems like you found a bug that worked in your favor lol3.gif

thumb.gif