Hello All,

Just 2 shots with my F-828,

showing its strengths & weaknesses,

while at the same time capturing the moment:

http://nickphoto123.smugmug.com/gallery/300065

Regards, Nicholas

Comments

• Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
    nice shots Nicholas!
    You handle the weaknesses of the F828 well :D If I were to get a new camera where I would not have to change lenses, the F828 would be it! Thanks for sharing your results, the photos are very nice, and it's cool to consider that they're only 5 minutes apart! thumb.gif
    Ciao
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
    Re: Why I really like my F-828
    Thanks Michiel, glad you liked my pics.

Yes, at Sunset the color temperature of the sun changes drastically.

Did you notice the F-828 caught the 5 sneakers dangling on the left side of the rings in my first shot. I'll take these sneakers over 'Lines per Inch' as a measure of resolution anytime.

I still have my D30 and D60, but haven't used them since I got my F-828 last December. The 20D sounds good but I can't see myself changing a lens (and carrying them) anymore.

Refards, Nicholas
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2004
    828's a great camera...no doubt...the images are just as good as any other camera, regardless of prosumer, dslr, slr, whatever. The photographer's the thing, not the camera.
  • Options
    Stuck_in_WillowsStuck_in_Willows Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 11, 2004
    It is indeed a sweet camera
    You did a great job on those photographs Nicholas! The fact that the guide wires are shown so clearly attests to the fact that the Zeiss lens really gets the job done well! I have loved the 828 since I received mine nearly 1 year ago. I have never really sweated the PF issues, I just learned how to deal with it. It isn't like every picture has purple in it! The greatest thing about the 828 is that you can get alot done with that camera alone! Dslr's have their place also, but I enjoy being unencumbered by a heavy bag full of $$$$$$$$$ lenses!
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2004
    You did a great job on those photographs Nicholas! The fact that the guide wires are shown so clearly attests to the fact that the Zeiss lens really gets the job done well! I have loved the 828 since I received mine nearly 1 year ago. I have never really sweated the PF issues, I just learned how to deal with it. It isn't like every picture has purple in it! The greatest thing about the 828 is that you can get alot done with that camera alone! Dslr's have their place also, but I enjoy being unencumbered by a heavy bag full of $$$$$$$$$ lenses!
    Hi Stuck!wave.gif just wanted to say hi... I don't think we've met.. how'd you get a name like "stuck in willow"??
    Lynn
  • Options
    nickphoto123nickphoto123 Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2004
    Why I really like my F-828

Hi Stuck & All,

Yes, I was waiting for someone to mention the visible wires that are holding the rings around the unisphere. These wires are still visible from camera to Tiff and then to Jpeg compession and then to to Web Size Jpeg.
    I find f5.6 almost eliminates the PF. I learned this in an article on Luminous-landscape.

Regards, Nicholas,