Options

print replacement?

dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
edited November 3, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Here's a situation I bet you don't see here often.

On print order #191567, photo #2 (http://petespringer.smugmug.com/gallery/1932247/68/97897678) the model had lipstick on her teeth in the print (an 8x12 on lustre paper) sent to the customer (the model's mother).

Here's from the customers e-mail to me:

"I saw lipstick on her teeth, which I couldn't see when I ordered it on-line. Can you photo-shop out the lipstick on her teeth? I would like to get an 8x12 of that picture again, without red teeth."

Okay, so I "photo-shop" outed the lipstick, replaced the photo in my gallery-- only obviously I don't have the customers address to send her a replacement. Any chance SM could do that? Is this a situation covered by the print quality guarantee? Lipstick on the teeth guarantee? :wink

I know it's an odd one-- I did have originals disabled though and the lipstick on the teeth was just about impossible to see-- until it's on an 8x12 print that is! Here it is at 200-percent.

69626285.jpg

Alright, and just in case you're wondering, here's my fix:
69626290.jpg

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 3, 2006
    Taken care of Pete thumb.gifthumb.gif I will PM you her new order number.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    Pete, this'll be done at NO COST it's all part of the SmugMug Guarantee.

All the best,
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    I can't remember if I've ever used the smugmug guarantee or nor, but it sure makes me sleep more comfortably at night.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2006
    Taken care of Pete thumb.gifthumb.gif I will PM you her new order number.

Steve

Thank you! Like I said, I know this is a weird situation-- but this customer has ordered a lot of prints from me so I really appreciate the help and replacement. I can almost guarantee more orders in the future from her so that should make both SM and me happy! And Andy-- notice how I FINALLY figured out the whole aspect ratio/cropping and started offering 8x12 prints? Plus, I was testing out the shopping cart last night and wow-- there have been some GREAT improvements there. Nice work smugmug! thumb.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+