Options

Critiques and Comments please on #78

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited November 27, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Would like Critiques and comments on this as a possible challenge 78 entry.....Many thanks in advance.

111656820-L.jpg
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    edited November 20, 2006
    bumping back to top
    bump back to top :D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    I really like the shot. My only suggestion would be to try cropping the photo at the top.
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2006
    Sandy wrote:
    I really like the shot. My only suggestion would be to try cropping the photo at the top.

Thanks...I will see how it looks cropped a bit more....or I may just have to cross the construction fence and get a weee bit closer.....210mm wasn't close enuff for my taste and i do not have a TC yet.

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    I like this shot!
    Good idea w/ the bump. I didn't even see this.

I'd try to get closer on the shot and show the detail of the strings.

Very cool capture!
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2006
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    I like this shot!
    Good idea w/ the bump. I didn't even see this.

I'd try to get closer on the shot and show the detail of the strings.

Very cool capture!

Thanks...I do believe i will re shoot this weekend I will have cross a construction fence and a little bit of river (about 3 feet of river and rocks to get around fence...been awhile since I crossed a barrier to get photo) to get closer....

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    wonderful i liked it
    i agree if you go closer we can see some more detail but still its like it is bagging from above . Is it ? what is it ?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2006
    Concur with the others
    will wait to see the next version.....make it BIG Art. That's a cool sillouette.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2006
    wonderful i liked it
    i agree if you go closer we can see some more detail but still its like it is bagging from above . Is it ? what is it ?

Awais it is a Statue of an American Indian titled "KEEPER of the PLAINS" by deceased Artist Black Bear Bosin.....It sits on the confluence of the Little and Big Arkansas Rivers....This is sacred ground to the Indains and Protects downtown Wichita from tornados...The confluence of the rivers protects the city not the Statue.

Thanks for asking....everything is steel including the strings.

• Options
    edited November 21, 2006
    Swartzy wrote:
    will wait to see the next version.....make it BIG Art. That's a cool sillouette.

Thanks......Gonna get as close as I can without being notice by our cities finest......

• Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    I'd crop so that his head will be 2/3 in height and his figure 1/3 on the right...
    Yuri
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2006
    Thanks Yuri..I appreciate it....

• Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2006
    This is a really cool shot. I wish the sky were a bit more dramatic, but I still like it.
    Chris
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2006
    This Is What Can Happen When You Trespass
    This is my KEPPER of the PLAINS reshoot

Does it work for this challenge---#78

113095291-L.jpg

clik pic for exif......

Thanks for all of the PRECEEDING and FORTHCOMING C&C....Yes the sky really was this color.....it started changing quickly and even got darker and ominous but I had changed positions to try and actually get the setting sun behind him....to do that I need to be inside of a brick walled area with high tension transformers and wasn't sure I wanted to do that :D

• Options
    simplesimple Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 26, 2006
    beautiful!

one thing: looks a little off though... I want to reach out and straighten the picture... but that's just me :)

good job.
    "God is dead. Let us not understand by this that he does not exist or even that he no longer exists. He is dead. He spoke to us and is silent… [p]erhaps he was only a dream… God is dead."
    -Jean-Paul Sartre
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2006
    simple wrote:
    beautiful!

one thing: looks a little off though... I want to reach out and straighten the picture... but that's just me :)

good job.

Hmmmmm...the buble in my ball head must have gone awry........

• Options
    QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    This is my KEPPER of the PLAINS reshoot

Does it work for this challenge---#78

113095291-L.jpg

clik pic for exif......

Thanks for all of the PRECEEDING and FORTHCOMING C&C....Yes the sky really was this color.....it started changing quickly and even got darker and ominous but I had changed positions to try and actually get the setting sun behind him....to do that I need to be inside of a brick walled area with high tension transformers and wasn't sure I wanted to do that :D

Wow, I really like the improvement on this shot - the composition is striking and so is the sky. :)
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2006
    Quitarita wrote:
    Wow, I really like the improvement on this shot - the composition is striking and so is the sky. :)

Thank you Quitarita....I appreciate it....

• Options
    Jeff GeoghanJeff Geoghan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    Impressive improvement just by re-orienting your shot and bringing in the sky. It's a keeper!thumb.gif
    Jeff Geoghan Photography
    Interiors, Exteriors & Landscape
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    www.jeffgphoto.net
  • Options
    LynDLynD Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited November 27, 2006
    What a great shot. I liked the first one, and love the second one! The color coming through the fringe almost glows. Might try cropping just a little off of the bottom so that the proportion of sky to image is more like the first shot. Beautiful.thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2006
    Thanks Lyn and Jeff....gonna sleep on final crop for entering....Thanks again