Options

Notifications on threads

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited December 14, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
The e-mail notifications are coming to me with a great gap.
What do I mean ?

In this thread I did not receive neither Andy's 71 post nor all the others following.

Do you think it has to do with my server or is it your temporary problem ?

Thank you.
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    edited September 11, 2006
    I have been trying and trying and I suppose it's my problem.
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2006
    notifications not coming
    Sometimes people post in the threads I am subscribed to, and I don't receive the notification...headscratch.gif

For example the last from Nikolai.
    From the post number 30 (excluded) on I have not beeen notified.

My problem ?
    Thank you.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2006
    Sometimes people post in the threads I am subscribed to, and I don't receive the notification...headscratch.gif

For example the last from Nikolai.
    From the post number 30 (excluded) on I have not beeen notified.

My problem ?
    Thank you.

We'll look into it...
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    Notifications on threads
    Sometimes I don't receive the notifications on posts I have subscribed.

Like for example this one ...

Thank you.
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2006
    Sometimes I don't receive the notifications on posts I have subscribed.

Like for example this one ...

Thank you.
    You don't receive them at all? or are they late?
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    ivar wrote:

From 262 on no one arrived.
    It just happened. The last one did not appear.

thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    From 262 on no one arrived.
    It just happened. The last one did not appear.

thumb.gif
    Can you check your notification settings to make sure it is still set to receive it after every new post?
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    You mean this ?
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    You mean this ?
    No, I meant the if the subscription was set to immediate. You can also choose daily, or weekly emails.

Also, you do know that you only receive a new email after you have visited that thread again, logged in?

This is the last part of what the notifications emails say:
    There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    Digital Grin
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    No, I meant the if the subscription was set to immediate. You can also choose daily, or weekly emails.

I can't find that subject in a second but your notifications for this thread I do receive them at once.
    I do remember I have set it to immediate e-mails.
    Doesn't that apply to all the subscriptions ?
    If so, if I am receiving your notifications why shouldn't I receive the others?

--
    ivar wrote:
    Also, you do know that you only receive a new email after you have visited that thread again, logged in?

I do know and I only use one computer which is automatically logged in when it is started.

I have posted in that thread and as you can see in the photo I ask to be notified.

Thank you
  • Options
    BenA2BenA2 Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    I don't get them either
    ivar wrote:
    For what it's worth, I haven't gotten e-mail notifications to new posts on subscribed threads for months. I think the e-mails stopped right around the time Baldy changed the "New Stuff" settings. I figured you guys just turned notifications off, thinking the new "New Stuff" features were a good substitute.

I love how "new stuff" works now, but I still wouldn't mind getting the notification e-mails if you didn't mean to disable them.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2006
    BenA2 wrote:
    For what it's worth, I haven't gotten e-mail notifications to new posts on subscribed threads for months. I think the e-mails stopped right around the time Baldy changed the "New Stuff" settings. I figured you guys just turned notifications off, thinking the new "New Stuff" features were a good substitute.

I love how "new stuff" works now, but I still wouldn't mind getting the notification e-mails if you didn't mean to disable them.
    If you are subscribed to threads, and have those subscriptions set to an email every X time, you should receive it. It is not turned off, and I have been receiving them fine. Make sure your subscriptions are properly set, and you have visited the thread logged in afterwards.
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    If you are subscribed to threads, and have those subscriptions set to an email every X time, you should receive it. It is not turned off, and I have been receiving them fine. Make sure your subscriptions are properly set, and you have visited the thread logged in afterwards.
    I just got the notice :)
    Dear Andy,

ivar has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Notifications on threads - in the Dgrin Forum Support forum of Digital Grin.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=48556&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
    Digital Grin
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2006
    You get a notice on the first response since your last visit, not EVERY response since your last visit. They figure that if you get one notice, you'll go back and see the other new posts. That's my understanding of what Ivar is saying, and why you're not getting an email for EVERY post.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    lol3.gif great minds think alike
    Dear ivar,

Andy has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Notifications on threads - in the Dgrin Forum Support forum of Digital Grin.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=48556&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

All the best,
    Digital Grin
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2006
    Excuse me Ivar to come with this again.:D

Why do you think I have not received this notification?

I saw it today, for myself.

Thank you. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    Yes, I know the rules and how notifications are supposed to work. Like I said, they worked fine for me for over a year and suddenly they stopped. I haven't gotten ANY for months.

For instance, I've been away from Dgrin since I posted that last message on the 4th and I got no notification of your post or any others.

I suppose it's possible that my ISP (Comcast) may be filtering the notifications as spam. But, that seems doubtful because I have been receiving PM notifications.
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2006
    BenA2 wrote:
    Yes, I know the rules and how notifications are supposed to work. Like I said, they worked fine for me for over a year and suddenly they stopped. I haven't gotten ANY for months.

For instance, I've been away from Dgrin since I posted that last message on the 4th and I got no notification of your post or any others.

I suppose it's possible that my ISP (Comcast) may be filtering the notifications as spam. But, that seems doubtful because I have been receiving PM notifications.
    Dunno what's happening, but we'll look into it. I'm getting the notifications, fwiw.
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2006
    Here's the deal guys:

Sometimes we look at the mail spool and just can't fathom how many bounces are in there from thread subscriptions. Usually it's spam filters from your ISP -- they tag us as a bulk mailer because of the zillions of thread subscription notifications we send out -- and a bunch of other reasons like their mail program doesn't like the way vBulletin forms the header in the email string or whatever.

Bottom line - not much we can really do. If you come to dgrin frequently, forget email notifications, subscribe to every thread you post in, and turn email notices off, and then just click You! or quick links>subscribed threads :D
  • Options
    edited December 13, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Bottom line - not much we can really do. If you come to dgrin frequently, forget email notifications, subscribe to every thread you post in, and turn email notices off, and then just click You! or quick links>subscribed threads :D
    Thanks for looking into it Andy. Yeah, I bet it's ISP filtering, because, all of a sudden, I'm not even getting the PM notifications anymore. No biggie though, the way things are set up now with New Stuff, it's hard to miss new posts.
  • Options
    edited December 14, 2006
    Thank you Andy ! :D
    thumb.gif