Options

Ch #79: new ideas

kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
edited December 8, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
So here's another take on waiting. Your comments/feedback, please!

Waiting for the bus115132201-L.jpg

115132136-L.jpg

And yet another:

Waiting for the train115132338-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    #1 works for me. Good job
  • Options
    shoppixshoppix Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Waiting for bus
    First one works, although a bit ... I hate to say boring but..! With a few more people there it would be more engaging, or reinforcing the 'waiting' staement.

The picture of the 2 boys is beautiful. However I wouldn't they were waiting for a train (toy) to come by on the tracks behind them. They're to out of focus, and I wouyld not have known what they were. I actually though they were in a plant store. But, still a cute, memorable capture of them.
    Steve
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    #1 for sure thumb.gif
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Number one is great! Wow! I saw that and thought to myself "nice job". I don't think it needs more people - I also think the monochrome makes it very strong.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited December 6, 2006
    ivar wrote:
    #1 for sure thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif #1 conveys the theme best.
  • Options
    nalvareznalvarez Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    #1 is my choice as well.
  • Options
    QuitaritaQuitarita Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    I like #1 as well. The expression on her face cracked me up. :)

I like that she's leaning (clearly not going anywhere) and the she's got her thermus on the ground (though only saw that on a 2nd read).
    The two billboards with the white circles look like 2 alien dominos slowing inching their way towards the unsuspecting victim. Or I could just be crazy. :D

I would crop off a little off the bottom to have her be more in the lower right hand corner. But that's just me.

Nice shot!
  • Options
    kjskjs Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    Kate-
    They're all great shots... I like #1 the best! I agree about the cropping on the bottom. How perfect that she just happens to be waiting under the bus sign, too!!! :)

Kim
  • Options
    GouriGouri Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2006
    I like your pics. #1 does convey the theme best but seems rather busy and common to me. I like #3 and would have entered this. Title - waiting for the train (I get the tracks). Wonder what effect including the feet/legs of the man behind the kids would have on the image (if present in the original). I would have also made the image tad blacker.
  • Options
    JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    Nr1 is may favorite. It's one of the few of the entries of challenge 79 till now that actually say "waiting" for me.
  • Options
    kmhkmh Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2006
    Thanks so much everyone for your comments! I really appreciate the feedback. This is a hard challenge I think...it's only my second one, but definitely more challenging to come up with ideas than it was for silhouettes.

I've already cropped a bit off the top for #1, so not sure if I can crop more off the bottom. So maybe I'll enter it, but I'll see if I come up with anything else...thanks again! -Kate