Options

your feed back

Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited January 7, 2005 in Landscapes
I wanted to get some feed back on this pick.. I have sold several copy's of it but talking to a local camera shot one of the guys said i shouldn't use the awb (on my 20D) and the picture wb should have been shoot more in the yellow. What do you think? Is there a page that explains WB better? Thats the only setting I let the camera do for me. the photo is here.
www.dipphoto.com
All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 7, 2005
    I wanted to get some feed back on this pick.. I have sold several copy's of it but talking to a local camera shot one of the guys said i shouldn't use the awb (on my 20D) and the picture wb should have been shoot more in the yellow. What do you think? Is there a page that explains WB better? Thats the only setting I let the camera do for me. the photo is here.
    Hi Aaron,
    I like your shot very much. I don't think it should be any more yellow. I go along with Andy on shooting these night shots in RAW and then processing in Photoshop. I tend to process more on the cool side myself. With your shot, the lights look natural with the amount of yellow thay have. I might even go less yellow though. I never use the auto white balance for night shots. RAW just gives a lot more flexibility. Of course there are others here who have more experience than I do. They can tell you more. Try doing a search for night shooting or RAW to find more tutorials. Look in the Hall of Wisdom too. Andy did some tutorials on RAW with a shot of the Golden Gate Bridge. Good luck. Thanks for sharing.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog