Options

Delete/change size of a proof order?

missamo80missamo80 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited February 12, 2007 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've turned on 7 delay proofing for prints on my site. I shot a ton of photos last week at 1600iso, and some of them will print fine at smaller sizes but won't work well at 12x18. Since I've got more than 500 photos up from the last week, going through and turning off 12x18 printing for those that aren't up to par is not an option.

Instead, I've turned on 7 day proofing of all orders. That way I can check and see what photos people are ordering, and in what sizes.

What do I do when someone orders a 12x18 of something that won't work? I don't see a way on the proofing screen to either delete the item from the order or switch it to a smaller size.

Neil

Comments

• Options
    DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    missamo80 wrote:
    I've turned on 7 delay proofing for prints on my site. I shot a ton of photos last week at 1600iso, and some of them will print fine at smaller sizes but won't work well at 12x18. Since I've got more than 500 photos up from the last week, going through and turning off 12x18 printing for those that aren't up to par is not an option.

Instead, I've turned on 7 day proofing of all orders. That way I can check and see what photos people are ordering, and in what sizes.

What do I do when someone orders a 12x18 of something that won't work? I don't see a way on the proofing screen to either delete the item from the order or switch it to a smaller size.

Neil
    Set the prices to $0 for the items you don't want to sell for that gallery.
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/print-pricing

You can't cancel a proof delay order, but you can email us at http://www.smugmug.com/help/email real if one slips through before you change the pricing.

How does that sound?
  • Options
    missamo80missamo80 Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2007
    Replace photo doesn't do what I want. I don't want to replace the photo, I want to change the size the customer ordered, or remove it from the order.

As for Andy's suggestion, I know I can do the $0.00 thing on an image, but I have over 500 of them. Unless you're offering to help me go through them Andy, I'm not willing to sit and sift through them one at a time to look for ones that won't work at 12x18 :) I shot almost 6000 images last week and it was painful enough to have to sort through them to find the ones worth posting. Manually going in and changing a handful to have no 12x18 option is just not appealing in the slightest...

Looks like I'll have to manually mail you guys if this comes up. Please add "modification of customer's order" to your list of feature requests for pros.

Neil
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    missamo80 wrote:
    Replace photo doesn't do what I want. I don't want to replace the photo, I want to change the size the customer ordered, or remove it from the order.
    That's not possible, I'm sorry. And I'm not sure if that can be done. If the customer orders a 8x12, but receives a 5x7 (or other way around), or not receives it at all, customers are going to complain.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2007
    missamo80 wrote:

Ouch... I'm sorry that our feature isn't working out for you. This is why we haev our SmugMug Guarantee though, so if you get an unhappy customer, we'll take care of them, we promise!

http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg

Of course, it's better if you take care of things before the sale is made, but if you won't, we've got your back.