Options

JSmug Launch - Public Beta - Joomla Component

jeffajeffa Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
Hi,

UPDATE!!
Joomla 1.5 is now supported
Full details here

I am pleased to announce the public beta of JSmug.

JSmug is a component extension for the Open source content management system Joomla. It allows you to view the contents of publicly viewable galleries within your current Joomla template, and provides links back to Smugmug for image purchase. I put it together to meet the needs of a client, and now decided to open source it.

The download page for the component is here

A site where it is in use is here
I am really keen to hear if this is any use to you, and if it works on your OS/Web server/Joomla version.

I'll subscribe to this thread, and try to provide support both here, and in the blog comments on my blog post linked above.

Have Fun

Comments

• Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    A Recent blog comment about Jsmug
    I think this is a cool extension and I signed up to Smug Mug because of it.

Look forward to your continued development of this extension. I always donate when an extension is exceptional so I'll test this and give feedback if I use it.

Thanks for making it available.

RandyMac
  • Options
    snoebysnoeby Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 21, 2007
    what I have been looking for - but how can I use it?
    This is just what I have been looking for in the last few days. I am trying to have my smugmug photos showed in a joomla-environment. However, I am afraid, I am not experienced enough to adjust the component to my website. What parameters in which files do I have to change to have my own photos showed?

When I run the component I get the following error:
    "Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in d:\www\www129\dribbbs\components\com_jsmug\jsmug.php on line 94"

line 94 reads as follows: $cache->clear("jsmug_SmugmugAPISession");
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    Ok lets investigate...
    snoeby wrote:
    This is just what I have been looking for in the last few days. I am trying to have my smugmug photos showed in a joomla-environment. However, I am afraid, I am not experienced enough to adjust the component to my website. What parameters in which files do I have to change to have my own photos showed?

"Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in d:\www\www129\dribbbs\components\com_jsmug\jsmug.php on line 94"

First question is, does it show my gallery by default? Is it technically working? before you start to configure?

To get it working you need to add it to a menu in the joomla back end menu manager. When you add it it points to my gallery by default, as a functional test. If this is working, great. If not there may be more to consider.
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2007
    Deeper issues
    snoeby wrote:

Hi again,

I checked out your message and it seems that you found a bug for me. It will be fixed in 1.1.3 which will be on the download page shortly.

There is however another problem somewhere, which may be related tou your server environment. If that line of code is running then there is a problem with the connection to Smugmug.

I will send you a private message with my email. Can we take this offline until we get to the bottom of it, then post the solution to the forum?

Cheers
    Jeffa
  • Options
    NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2007
    I will definitely try this out! I maintain a few Joomla sites, and this should be a great integration!
  • Options
    PixoulPixoul Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    Outstanding! Doing a component like this has been on my Todo list forever and you just filled that gap! Out of curiosity, if we'd like to submit features/patches, how would you like us to send them to you?
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2007
    Support Contacts
    Pixoul wrote:
    Outstanding! Doing a component like this has been on my Todo list forever and you just filled that gap! Out of curiosity, if we'd like to submit features/patches, how would you like us to send them to you?

Best bet is mail to my Hiveminder

for Support jsmug.support(at)jeffarthur.co.uk
    for Feature Requests jsmug.features(at)jeffarthur.co.uk

but this thread, or comments on my blog will get looked at too.

Thanks for your feedback
  • Options
    PixoulPixoul Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited February 22, 2007
    I have Joomla security set to the max across the board which disallows grabbing remote files via PHP. If people ask for support and report this error it's probably due to a security setting:
    ==> error_log <==
    [client 65.219.252.50] PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /var/www/vhosts/pixoul.com/httpdocs/components/com_jsmug/SmugmugAPI.php on line 24, referer: http://www.pixoul.com/
    [client 65.219.252.50] PHP Warning:  file_get_contents(https://api.smugmug.com/hack/rest/1.1.1/?method=smugmug.login.anonymously&APIKey=3aQ9EOgUBIyzU23AXzfj7ul1GgqJ56kP&): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /var/www/vhosts/pixoul.com/httpdocs/components/com_jsmug/SmugmugAPI.php on line 24, referer: http://www.pixoul.com/
    [client 65.219.252.50] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant undef - assumed 'undef' in /var/www/vhosts/pixoul.com/httpdocs/components/com_jsmug/SmugmugAPI.php on line 132, referer: http://www.pixoul.com/
    [client 65.219.252.50] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/vhosts/pixoul.com/httpdocs/components/com_jsmug/jsmug.php on line 95, referer: http://www.pixoul.com/

• Options
    edited February 22, 2007
    disabled in the server configuration
    Pixoul wrote:
    I have Joomla security set to the max across the board which disallows grabbing remote files via PHP. If people ask for support and report this error it's probably due to a security setting:

[code]==> error_log <==
    [client 65.219.252.50] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /code]
    Yeah, this is a php.ini setting. if you have this set because you don't want PHP making calls to remote files, then I am sorry I can't help you (except with a better error message!), I rely on the url call to get the xml response.

However, if you still want it to work with that setting in place I was thinking about adding curl support to get around this problem anyway. In an environment where outbound connections are just not allowed, i suppose this stuff will just never work
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2007
    Hi Jeff

Wrote you an e-mail on this...

jeffa wrote:
    Hi again,

I checked out your message and it seems that you found a bug for me. It will be fixed in 1.1.3 which will be on the download page shortly.

There is however another problem somewhere, which may be related tou your server environment. If that line of code is running then there is a problem with the connection to Smugmug.

I will send you a private message with my email. Can we take this offline until we get to the bottom of it, then post the solution to the forum?

Cheers
    Jeffa
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2007
    Very interesting. I've been pondering the value of using Joomla since it is so very easy to install on Dreamhost. Maybe this'll give me a reason to look into it.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    quite a while ago...
    jeffa wrote:
    Hi again,

Cheers
    Jeffa

...I had some problems to access my smugmug pictures with your tool. In the meantime it seems that you fixed it. Guess already quite a while ago, but I just realized it when I was trying once more! That is really great work here from your side!!! wings.gif
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    Glad Jsmug is working for you
    snoeby wrote:
    ...I had some problems to access my smugmug pictures with your tool. In the meantime it seems that you fixed it. Guess already quite a while ago, but I just realized it when I was trying once more! That is really great work here from your side!!! wings.gif
    Glad Jsmug is working for you, any issues just ping this thread!

thanks
  • Options
    mteichermteicher Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    [JSMUG] How do I change the default pointer to my smugmug or specific smugmug gallery
    How do I point it specifically to a specific directory or point it to me smugmug gallery

www.body-bumpers.com

/thanks

/mark
    Mark Teicher
    Principle Photographer/Co-Founder
    Body Bumpers, LLC
    PH: 717 918 1262
    Fax: 831 480 5873
    url: www.body-bumpers.com
    email: mteicher@body-bumpers.com
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2007
    Pointing Jsmug
    mteicher wrote:
    How do I point it specifically to a specific directory or point it to me smugmug gallery

www.body-bumpers.com

/thanks

/mark

You need to get the gallery number from the smugmug url

( in this url the gallery number is 352278 http://www.snappyphotos.co.uk/gallery/352278#13993778)

In the joomla back end, create a menu entry of type component, select Jsmug as the component, then click apply.

At the right hand side you will now see all the configurable parameters, which includes gallery.

Hope this helps.

If not just get back.
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2007
    [JSMUG] SSL: Fatal protocol error
    This is what occurs when I load it up

Warning: file_get_contents() URL="http://hhs87sfinest.com/function.file-get-contents"][B][COLOR=#c64934]function.file-get-contents[/COLOR][/B][/URL: SSL: fatal protocol error in /home/bodybump/public_html/hhs87sfinest/components/com_jsmug/SmugmugAPI.php on line 49

/mark
    www.body-bumpers.com
    www.hhs87sfinest.com
    Mark Teicher
    Body Bumpers, LLC
  • Options
    edited September 19, 2007
    Missing configurable parameter (picture number or file number)
    Is there a way to display the picture number of the file number of the picture, could not find it as a parameter??

How does one display multiple galleries, do I just add submenu of component ?

thanks

/mark
    Mark Teicher
    Body Bumpers, LLC
  • Options
    On Windows with a slightly older php version?
    mteicher wrote:
    This is what occurs when I load it up

Warning: file_get_contents() URL="http://hhs87sfinest.com/function.file-get-contents"][B][COLOR=#c64934]function.file-get-contents[/COLOR][/B][/URL: SSL: fatal protocol error in /home/bodybump/public_html/hhs87sfinest/components/com_jsmug/SmugmugAPI.php on line 49

/mark
    www.body-bumpers.com
    www.hhs87sfinest.com

When using SSL, Microsoft IIS will violate the protocol by closing the connection without sending a close_notify indicator. PHP will report this as "SSL: Fatal Protocol Error" when you reach the end of the data. To workaround this, you should lower your error_reporting level not to include warnings. PHP 4.3.7 and higher can detect buggy IIS server software when you open the stream using the https:// wrapper and will suppress the warning for you.
  • Options
    multimple galleries
    mteicher wrote:
    Is there a way to display the picture number of the file number of the picture, could not find it as a parameter??

How does one display multiple galleries, do I just add submenu of component ?

thanks

/mark

Yeah,

one menu entry= one smugmug gallery.
  • Options
    [FILENAME] with Jsmug
    Jeff,

Check out hhs87sfinest.com, click Picture Gallery, How can I display the file name or picture number underneath or above the picture?? What about captions ??

/mark
    Mark Teicher
    Body Bumpers, LLC
  • Options
    [PAGE BUTTONS NOT WORKING] Another one that I found
    If one has particular large album of pictures, the page buttons do not work properly after button 10. I could have up to 2000 pictures per gallery, the "next" button works.

thanks

/mark
    Mark Teicher
    Body Bumpers, LLC
  • Options
    No captions or image names as yet
    mteicher wrote:
    Jeff,

Check out hhs87sfinest.com, click Picture Gallery, How can I display the file name or picture number underneath or above the picture?? What about captions ??

/mark

Captions and / or image names are not supported yet, sorry
  • Options
    Large galleries with Jsmug
    mteicher wrote:
    If one has particular large album of pictures, the page buttons do not work properly after button 10. I could have up to 2000 pictures per gallery, the "next" button works.

thanks

/mark

Hi, do you have an example of a large gallery? It should work ok, can you show me the problem?
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2007
    Jsmug Update
    Hi,

I updated Jsmug to use curl for the connections to Smugmug, this should get shut of a few of the file_get_contents errors that some of you are seeing.

Please head over to

http://lens-reviews.com/Photographic-Software/Joomla-Components/JSmug-for-Joomla.html

to get the updated version.

Thanks
  • Options
    IRScooterIRScooter Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 7, 2007
    First let me say, I love the hack. However, one thing I like about smugmug is that it is more difficult for users get to my photos. However, when I use this hack on my site, you can easily right click on the photos and download them. Any suggestion?
  • Options
    robwri32robwri32 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 15, 2008
    Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object
    jeff this really looks promising but i can't seem to get it to work. If you have the time please look over my error and see if you can find where the error is coming from

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/rlwright/robwri.wrightinnovations.net/joomla/components/com_jsmug/jsmug.php on line 172

Line 172 reads

$InfoArray=$Smugmug->BuildInfoArray($Image);
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2008
    Jsmug
    Means you have to set the settings on your joomla site, the error is very misleading. re-read the directions, and you will figure out the step you skipped.. :) It took me a while also.. :)
    robwri32 wrote:
    jeff this really looks promising but i can't seem to get it to work. If you have the time please look over my error and see if you can find where the error is coming from

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/rlwright/robwri.wrightinnovations.net/joomla/components/com_jsmug/jsmug.php on line 172

Line 172 reads

$InfoArray=$Smugmug->BuildInfoArray($Image);
    Mark Teicher
    Body Bumpers, LLC
  • Options
    shadowdancer36shadowdancer36 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    I got this error when i tried to install:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class JVersion could not be converted to string in mypath/html/content/administrator/components/com_jsmug/install.jsmug.php on line 33

is this com compatible with 1.5?
  • Options
    gfiebichgfiebich Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2008
    I now have JSmug installed and running, but the gallery IDs from my SmugMug account don't seem to be compatible.

JSmug will display fine with images from this 3rd-party gallery:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1150754_GhAec

But JSmug throws an error ("JSMUG ERROR: Non Existant or empty Gallery") with my images:
    http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/76686_JRCnj

I have a Pro account - is there a security setting somewhere that may be preventing JSmug from seeing my gallery?

-Glen
  • Options
    gfiebichgfiebich Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 20, 2008
    Ok, this problem isn't specific to my account. Most of my other galleries do work.