Options

Challenge #30- Brett

BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
edited January 20, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here's my 3 pictures for criticising. I had a hard time with this one, few ideas, little time since exams are starting up very soon.
I saw my cat relaxing and figured I'd take a few pictures (actually 30) and see what comes out of it.I took them on January 16th 2005.
So here it is or here they are.

Redone: Well, I took the advice and did a reshoot for the "Watching" photo. I find this one turned out alot better. Let me know.

grw3sr.jpg
Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal

Comments

• Options
    johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    Brett, the middle shot is a classic. I love it. thumb.gif Great shots, layout and font type... I just wish the chair leg was not in the pictures.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • Options
    judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    Hi Brett,

I love the coloring and the idea! The chair leg is a little distracting on the picture on the left. Also, the cat seems to be a little dark. Would it be possible to reshoot?

-judy
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2005
    I really like this series. The middle shot is definately my favorite. I'm with the others on the chair leg. I also agree with lightening up the outside shots. I really like the spot coloring you did. thumb.gif
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2005
    Brett,

It's a nice series, and I like the selective colouring. But I was examining the series and I got intent on the first photo. The neck of the cat follows the line of the chairleg, do you have some more line symmetry shots with your cat? That would make a cool series I bet!
    Jus' my €0.013 (about $0.02 :D)
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2005
    Brett,

It's a nice series, and I like the selective colouring. But I was examining the series and I got intent on the first photo. The neck of the cat follows the line of the chairleg, do you have some more line symmetry shots with your cat? That would make a cool series I bet!
    Jus' my €0.013 (about $0.02 :D)
    Sorry, no dice. I didn't have one thought on symmetry. A great idea, and I really see it in that photo. Thanks for your €0.013 though!thumb.gif
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    Hey Brett, you confused me...
    Brett wrote:
    Sorry, no dice. I didn't have one thought on symmetry. A great idea, and I really see it in that photo. Thanks for your €0.013 though!thumb.gif

I had to look back at the first post to see that you changed the picture. I wish you had left the first one there and posted the new one at the end. That way people could compare. I really like the new set. You did a great job removing the distractions. The closer in head shots look great. It's late and I have to get to bed so I can't add anything really constructive right now. I'll look back in tomorrow. Good job. thumb.gif

Oh, I thought of an idea. Maybe you could use the dodge tool to brighten up the face in the second and third shots. Seems a little in the shadow. Could use a little sparkle in the eyes in the center shot. Just a thought. :D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    Nice cat, nice triptych.......... glad you changed shots, it is much better!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    I really like the new set! I wonder how it would look if you rotated the first one 180 degrees?

-judy
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    Well Judy, heres the photo with it turned 180. Personally I don't like it.

grw25qs.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 19, 2005
    Here is my newest edit of the series. I lightened up the photos and I find it makes a big difference with the eyes brightened aswell. I just picked a brown-yellow and used the saturation tool to do that. Let me know what you think.

grw36kb.jpg
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    Brett wrote:
    Here is my newest edit of the series. I lightened up the photos and I find it makes a big difference with the eyes brightened aswell. I just picked a brown-yellow and used the saturation tool to do that. Let me know what you think.

grw36kb.jpg
    This looks good! The last two look much better lightened up. I didn't like the first one flipped either. I like this just the way it is now. thumb.gifthumb.gif
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited January 19, 2005
    I love these pictures! I agree that they look much better after they were lightened up a bit. I love the contrast and color, GREAT JOB! You have a wonderful photographic eye!
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2005
    you are right... it doesn't look right... headscratch.gif
    Brett wrote:
    Well Judy, heres the photo with it turned 180. Personally I don't like it.

grw25qs.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2005
    This looks great!! Good job thumb.gif

Brett wrote:

grw36kb.jpg