Options

vbulletin to smugmug load, is it possible

tsk1979tsk1979 Registered Users Posts: 937 Major grins
Hi,
We have a forum hosted on vbulletin, and a smugmug pro account.
What we are looking for is that when a forum member clicks on upload photograph, the photograph should be uploaded to the smugmug account via API.
Also before being uploaded to smugmug it should be modified such that the longest side is longer than 800px(So that watermarking happens).
Is it possible to do so from vbulletin.
Do such hacks exist already. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 23, 2007
    tanveer,

I am not that familar with vBulletin programming or PHP for that matter. However, I did some searching last night.

Inside webadmin.php i found the following function..

class vB_Upload_Attachment extends vB_Upload_Abstract

perhaps this is a good starting point. I believe that the SmugMug side of this problem should be pretty straightforward.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2007
    Hmm interesting.
    So if we were to pay a guy to write the mod/hack such that image upload from vbulletin forum happens directly without the user being any wiser.
    Also if any image is less than 800px in its longest length it a black border will be added to make it that length, so that watermarking happens for every photograph, how much will it cost?
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2007
    I'm kinda curious
    tsk1979 wrote:
    Hi,
    We have a forum hosted on vbulletin, and a smugmug pro account.
    What we are looking for is that when a forum member clicks on upload photograph, the photograph should be uploaded to the smugmug account via API.
    Also before being uploaded to smugmug it should be modified such that the longest side is longer than 800px(So that watermarking happens).
    Is it possible to do so from vbulletin.
    Do such hacks exist already. Any help would be great.

From what I see here, most people with SM account simply upload images to this account first and then share it on Dgrin.

Why would one want to use such a cumbersome way to get his/her own images to his/her SM account while it's way easier to use any of the SM-oriented uploaders, SM's own or 3d party? ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited March 27, 2007
    Nikolai wrote:
    From what I see here, most people with SM account simply upload images to this account first and then share it on Dgrin.

Why would one want to use such a cumbersome way to get his/her own images to his/her SM account while it's way easier to use any of the SM-oriented uploaders, SM's own or 3d party? ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif
    Read this : http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=57118 deal.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2007
    I see...
    tsk1979 wrote:

I may have a slightly different solution for you.

Email me.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"