Options

My girls.

Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
edited April 19, 2007 in People
I've been trying to work on getting "Yuri eyes", but my usual subjects are more like tiny tornados and don't tend to sit still for long. This is my daughter (20 months) who sat still and at the right distance from the lights for exactly 1 nanosecond :D. The funny thing is that it wasn't her shoot. She only likes to jump in when we are taking portraits of other kids, mostly to kiss the babies. But we'll take what we can get. And my wife (2nd picture) makes me delete almost every picture of her. So I tried something new that she is almost liking.

144152165-M.jpg

143973364-M-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Awww! Both are very nice! I don't know what you look like Dad, but Mom and daughter sure do look alike! Nice job! thumb.gif
  • Options
    bonniejobonniejo Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Shane422 wrote:
    I've been trying to work on getting "Yuri eyes", but my usual subjects are more like tiny tornados and don't tend to sit still for long. This is my daughter (20 months) who sat still and at the right distance from the lights for exactly 1 nanosecond :D. The funny thing is that it wasn't her shoot. She only likes to jump in when we are taking portraits of other kids, mostly to kiss the babies. But we'll take what we can get. And my wife (2nd picture) makes me delete almost every picture of her. So I tried something new that she is almost liking.

144152165-M.jpg

143973364-M-1.jpg

I love them. They look great. What a cute little girl!!! I know how your wife feels, I hate getting my picture taken, but she is so pretty. She has nothing to worry about.:D
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    What beautiful portraits you have here!!!

Now, if I had a self portrait that looked like your wife....I would be estatic to have it posted!!! She is very beautiful!! I konw how she feels also.....I hate pictures of myself, but then I feel bad that when my children look back at ALL of the pictures they will have, they are going to ask "why isn't mom in any of these?"

I will simply reply......I was the one taking them!!!

Wonderful shots!!!

Heather
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Nice shots. I like the lighting.
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Good pics. Your wife looks a little like Christy McNichols. But I suppose you might not know who she is...I'm probably giving my old self away by that comment.eek7.gif
  • Options
    Barefoot and NaturalBarefoot and Natural Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    Seneca wrote:
    Good pics. Your wife looks a little like Christy McNichols. But I suppose you might not know who she is...I'm probably giving my old self away by that comment.eek7.gif

I know who that is and I am only 33, so you can stick with that age!!mwink.gif
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2007
    They are both gorgeous and your photos and treatments of them look really beautiful to me!

Elaine
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    You've done well, especially iwth your wife photo. I think the first photo needs a much tighter crop to be effective.
  • Options
    Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Awww! Both are very nice! I don't know what you look like Dad, but Mom and daughter sure do look alike! Nice job! thumb.gif
    Well I finally added an avatar. I think its best that my mug remain at the low end of the resolution scale :D. We often hear how much she looks like us. She was the inspiration for the plunge into photography. I actually bught my first Monolight one year ago and have learned a lot reading dgrin. But now that the "tiny tornado" is so mobile, I'm looking for a nice f2.8 lens to take more natural light pics.

Christy McNicols rings a bell, but I can't place her. But I'm 35 so I should know.