Options

STOLEN in Costa Mesa, CA: 1st Gen Digital Rebel

darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
edited April 23, 2007 in House of Canon
Not that it's likely it'll show up here, but in case any SoCal smugmuggers happen to come across a kit matching this description, I'd appreciate a heads-up. Thanks! --Darryl (408/255-9333)

from my Craigslist posting
The day before Easter (!), 4/7/2007 we were at South Coast Plaza. While attending to our 2-year old son, we accidentally left our camera bag containing a first-gen Canon Digital Rebel w/ 18-55mm kit lens, 70-300mm Canon lens, and 50mm Canon lens. There was a 1GB CF Card in the camera, as well as a spare battery and a card reader.

It was left on the benches near the exit by Claim Jumper and the magazine stand.

We've reported the loss to South Coast Plaza lost and found/security as well as the Costa Mesa Police, but have not heard any news. We are offering a reward of $200 for the recovery of the camera. Heck, we'd give you $100 for the CF card alone because while the camera is replaceable, the images of our son with the easter bunny and more importantly, his great-grandmother, grand-aunt, and cousins are *not*.

Please e-mail if you have any information about the camera. Here is the serial number of the camera: 660218558

Obviously this is a long shot, but I appreciate your good thoughts and maybe your vigilance in buying used equipment that meets this description.

Comments

• Options
    firedancing4lifefiredancing4life Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2007
    ahhH!

thats sucks! I hope you get it back!
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2007
    Do you happen to have the serial numbers for the items in the camera bag? That would greatly help in case anyone runs into an ad selling these items.
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2007
    Red Bull wrote:
    Do you happen to have the serial numbers for the items in the camera bag? That would greatly help in case anyone runs into an ad selling these items.

Does anybody check such things? Well the body's SN is: 660218558
    The serial number of the EF75-300mm (f/4-5.6 III USM) is 09500086

I don't think I have the box for the 50mm anymore...

--Darryl