Options

Corporate art knowledge

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited April 28, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
John Harrington writes a blog about photo business and all associated peripherals and gave an insightful post to those trying to figure out how much to charge for art in a corporate environment.

linky:deal

-Jon

Comments

• Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2007
    Interesting ...
    Has anyone read the book that he is shamelessly plugging? Would be curious if others found it useful.
    Best Business Practices for Photographers
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2007
    Sorry for the delayed reply to this quark.

Been a couple of months since I read this and allot of these things didn't pertain to me, so my summary isn't too detailed.

It's useful if your already a pro (which I'm not, and never plan to be). If your thinking of becoming a pro, it's somewhat useful by giving you allot of 'best practices' for pros.

Allot of the book seems common sense to me. I have a pretty extensive business background though. I can see if I was a pro re-reading this every two or three years to help shake the cobwebs off to keep my business from plateauing.

Better off getting this book from your library and seeing if it's worth the purchase before investing. That's what I do w/ all my books though.