Options

B&W pictures

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited May 12, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Can you please comment these two pictures ?
151690250-M.jpg 151688969-L.jpg

Thank you. :thumb
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    Can you please comment these two pictures ?

Thank you. thumb.gif

I like the second shot of the two men in the street.
    You converstion to B&W is very well done on that one, it is also much sharper and not noisey like the first image. :D

First image is grainy but maybe you meant for it to be that way?
    In comparison to your other image its more shades of grey than B&W
    I still can't figure out what it's a picture of, but I do see there is a foot with a sock on.

Thanks for sharing Antonio....... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2007
    Agree with Skippy on the second shot, good one. thumb.gif First one ne_nau.gif There is really not much to that picture, clutter and bunch of stuff that don't really go together. What do i know? lol Thanks for sharing anyway! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    I like the second shot of the two men in the street.
    You converstion to B&W is very well done on that one, it is also much sharper and not noisey like the first image. :D First image is grainy but maybe you meant for it to be that way? In comparison to your other image its more shades of grey than B&W I still can't figure out what it's a picture of, but I do see there is a foot with a sock on. Thanks for sharing Antonio....... Skippy :D .
    Hello Skippy.
    Thank you very much for commenting these 2 photos.
    Let me tell you about the 1.st and the 2.ed picture.
    The 1.st picture - which I did not intend to be grainy - was shot inside a train in India. They have some kind of beds to rest during the travel.
    The socks are neat and I was attracted by the composition itself.
    Well, you may say, and I must agree, that I have better compositions than this one.
    I have thought about my pictures and the more I shoot the more I think I have to become more demanding with myself and my pictures.
    I hope I make myself understand. What I mean is: I must choose more strictly my photos.
    I read yesterday in Luminous Landscape that - and this was a statement by Michael Richman himself - he only gets 1% of his pictures. The others were rubbish or not that good.
    No, I can't be compared or compare myself with this guru. But if he takes 1% of his shots, which would be my %% ?
    150884574-L.jpg
    The second picture was done in a railway station. I was shooting to spend time and for pleasure as usual and I got these two men talking.

I dare to post here another one from inside the train. I hope you like it.
    Thank you again.
    Cheers.thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Agree with Skippy on the second shot, good one. thumb.gif First one ne_nau.gif There is really not much to that picture, clutter and bunch of stuff that don't really go together. What do i know? lol Thanks for sharing anyway! clap.gif
    Marina.
    Thank you for your comment.
    Is that your baby in the avatar ? No. No. He is your niece, Isabel. :D
    Your sun is the young man Paul. :D

Cheers.thumb.gif
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 12, 2007
    some neat pics, antonio-

re soc pic-

not sure I would want to be downwind if that fan were on-
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    I have thought about my pictures and the more I shoot the more I think I have to become more demanding with myself and my pictures.
    I hope I make myself understand. What I mean is: I must choose more strictly my photos.
    I read yesterday in Luminous Landscape that - and this was a statement by Michael Richman himself - he only gets 1% of his pictures. The others were rubbish or not that good.
    No, I can't be compared or compare myself with this guru. But if he takes 1% of his shots, which would be my %% ?
    150884574-L.jpg
    The second picture was done in a railway station. I was shooting to spend time and for pleasure as usual and I got these two men talking.

I dare to post here another one from inside the train. I hope you like it.
    Thank you again.
    Cheers.thumb.gif

Now you're talking! This shot (of the one's posted here) is your 1% Antonio! I really like this one!
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    #1 doesn't give me much information. It's a foot with a giant fan looming over it. But I'm not able to determine where it was taken without explanation. Not much interesting going on to carry the shot otherwise.

#2 A nicely converted B&W shot. A little more going for it. Two men having a discussion, but somehow it doesn't look that interesting of a conversation to keep my attention. More animation in their faces would hold my interest longer.

#3 Nice window light going for you here and a portrait of a woman not unlike Ghandi herself! The portrait is photo-journalistic as it is framed within the context of a train and shows us a journey. She gazes out the window...could be enjoying the scenery, could be contemplating what lies ahead (visiting relatives, friends, foes???) Nicely done! This one to me looks more thought out and less random. thumb.gif
  • Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2007
    Marina.

Cheers.thumb.gif

Antonio, i'm impressed!! thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    some neat pics, antonio- re soc pic- not sure I would want to be downwind if that fan were on-
    Hello George.
    How are you ?
    As a matter of fact I do think Indians are very clean.
    No, you wouln't have any problem if the fan was on and you were down. :D
    Cheersthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    Marina.

Cheers.thumb.gif

Not he stupid ! :toni
    SHE is your niece. It's Isabel !
    :D
  • Options
    edited May 12, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    #1 doesn't give me much information. It's a foot with a giant fan looming over it. But I'm not able to determine where it was taken without explanation. Not much interesting going on to carry the shot otherwise.
    #2 A nicely converted B&W shot. A little more going for it. Two men having a discussion, but somehow it doesn't look that interesting of a conversation to keep my attention. More animation in their faces would hold my interest longer.
    #3 Nice window light going for you here and a portrait of a woman not unlike Ghandi herself! The portrait is photo-journalistic as it is framed within the context of a train and shows us a journey. She gazes out the window...could be enjoying the scenery, could be contemplating what lies ahead (visiting relatives, friends, foes???) Nicely done! This one to me looks more thought out and less random. thumb.gif

#1 I agree with you Susan.

#2 Here I have to agree with you also Susan. We can say I had no chance about their expressions. May be if I had made more pictures and not only one I would have better faces.ne_nau.gif

#3 I walked in the train looking for pictures.
    I shot others in the train but this lady catch my attention as she was looking through the window as the train was running.

Thank you for your comments Susan.
    Have a nice Sunday !:Dthumb.gif