Options

Your thoughts?

thejumpmaster68thejumpmaster68 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited May 17, 2007 in People
I would love your C and C on this set. It is my first attempt at a photo shoot. This is what I think is my best stuff, but I'm sure ya'll can give me tips to make it better. Thanks for helping me learn.

[IMG][/img]152119600-S.jpg
[IMG][/img]152119976-S.jpg
[IMG][/img]152120595-S.jpg
[IMG][/img]152120837-S.jpg
[IMG][/img]152121218-S.jpg
[IMG][/img]152121310-S.jpg
[IMG][/img]152121603-S.jpg
[IMG][/img]150837541-S.jpg
2814173#150837541-L-LB
Will Marshall
Canon EOS Rebel XT
Canon EOS 30D
Tokina 28-70mm f/2.8
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 13, 2007
    well, no expert at this-

but I like all of them-

she looks a little stiff in the first pic but she looks very natural in the rest of them-

would like to see a little pop in the pics, kind of like you've got in the last one-

couple of suggestions-

try davidto's tute on 'popping' the pics in the tutorial section-

also, try andy's bw conversion tute (not that there's anything wrong with yours)-

I guess I like the last one the best; the blurred bg or 'bokeh' works for me and your pp is good-

re pose, I like the third one best; not sure why-

if you really like one quite a bit, and think it needs some work, post it on the whipping post; can't hurt; if it's constructive criticism, you're that much further ahead; if it's not, then it's not worth paying any attention to-
  • Options
    thejumpmaster68thejumpmaster68 Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited May 15, 2007
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm learning everyday trying to figure out all there is to know.

Will
    gefillmore wrote:
    well, no expert at this-

but I like all of them-

she looks a little stiff in the first pic but she looks very natural in the rest of them-

would like to see a little pop in the pics, kind of like you've got in the last one-

couple of suggestions-

try davidto's tute on 'popping' the pics in the tutorial section-

also, try andy's bw conversion tute (not that there's anything wrong with yours)-

I guess I like the last one the best; the blurred bg or 'bokeh' works for me and your pp is good-

re pose, I like the third one best; not sure why-

if you really like one quite a bit, and think it needs some work, post it on the whipping post; can't hurt; if it's constructive criticism, you're that much further ahead; if it's not, then it's not worth paying any attention to-
    Will Marshall
    Canon EOS Rebel XT
    Canon EOS 30D
    Tokina 28-70mm f/2.8
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L
  • Options
    DaveKDaveK Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited May 17, 2007
    I am still learing as well so not much to give in the way of critique beyond what George has already shared other than to say I think you did a great job for your first photo shoot. Your camera position and posing of the model are well done and give a good variety. You should be very pleased.
    Dave Keith
    "Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take photographs." -- Helmut Newton
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2007
    I'm fond of 1 & 6. I think they are begging for more color though. Nice set!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2007
    I think color and composition look great. good job!