Options

Downloading png

PamelaPamela Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
edited June 7, 2007 in Dgrin Forum Support
I have been having trouble attaching a png to this web site for several months.

I didnot have any problems around sept/ oct, with this computer I had no problems. Now even pngs that I took with screen capture will not download- even very small sizes.

Can someone help me with this. Im trying to use these photos to get help with getting colors set up .
Thankyou

Pamela

www.exposedimages.net

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    Hi Pamela,

PNG files are not working correctly as attachements, I'm sorry. I'll see if I can find the problem.

In the mean time, why not use JPGs or something else? If you are using macs, get SCIT. It's an incredibly small, free program that allows you to set the output of your screengrabs to other formats besides PNG. There are other programs that can do that as well.
  • Options
    iambackiamback Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    PNG files are not working correctly as attachements, I'm sorry. I'll see if I can find the problem.

In the mean time, why not use JPGs or something else? If you are using macs, get SCIT. It's an incredibly small, free program that allows you to set the output of your screengrabs to other formats besides PNG. There are other programs that can do that as well.
    Indeed, I stumbled over that twice already - vBulletin insists it's an invalid file; I even tried re-saving as PNG with a different palette setting, but that didn't make any difference. Converting to GIF works and uploading that, but it's a bother - I have my screen capture app (HyperSnap-DX) set to produce 8-bit PNG by default (they tend to be smaller than GIFs for screenshots and 8-bit color is normally enough for those).
    Marjolein Katsma
    Look through my eyes on Cultural Surfaces! - customizing... currently in a state between limbo and chaos