Options

Where can I find a Safrotto CF700 camera bag in Canada?

mikhsmikhs Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited July 7, 2007 in Accessories
Where can I find a Safrotto CF700 camera bag in Canada?

I started out looking for a medium size over the shoulder (satchel style) camera bag that doesn't look like a "camera bag". A sales guy in the local photo store (in Vancouver, BC) suggested that I check out Billingham and Domke brands.

After a little web research I decided that I liked Billingham Hadley Pro and Domke F-803. Well.... the Hadley Pro is about $250 US (my budjet is about $100 Canadian) and it looks a little too fancy (I wanted a more casual look). The F-803 looked just right.

Then I accidentally stumbled upon a link that mentioned a Domke F-803 clone - Safrotto CF700. I have never heard of Sufrotto brand before. Judjing by the web pictures these bags look identical. The reviews in various forums say that Safrotto is as good or better then Domke at much lower price. However, I cannot find any Sufrotto dealers in Canada.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    Have you considered Crumpler bags? The "6 Million Dollar Home" looks about the same size as the Domke, is more stylsh and less conspicuous. It's C$130 at Vistek.ca, C$115 at Henrys.ca. Vistek is in Calgary and Henry's is in Toronto so you won't have to pay PST if ordering from BC.

Link to Vistek

Link to Henry's
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2007
    ran thru google and got nothing ...got same results on ebay....are sure the spelling is correct?

But ran a google on Domke F-803 clone and got this write up on the RANGEFINDER FORUM.......I truly think I would same me Canadian Pennies and go with a name brand after this short read......camera protection is just something not to mess about with -
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website