Options

Tanzania and Kenya (20 pics)

kgarrett11kgarrett11 Registered Users Posts: 525 Major grins
edited September 2, 2007 in Wildlife
I just got back from a two week trip to Africa. This was an unbelievable trip that I will never forget. The animals, birds and scenery were fantastic. The only problem was that on the second day (and you Cannon people will love this) my D200 went bad on me so I had to use my D100 for the rest of the trip. I missed some good shots because the D100 is slower but still came up with a few good shots. Here are a few and you can go to kgarrett.smugmug.com to see some more. I took over 5200 shots but of course not all were keepers. Please let me know what you think (good or bad).

#1180089711-M.jpg

180089935-M.jpg

180090141-M.jpg

180090833-M.jpg

180091906-M.jpg

180092137-M.jpg

180092447-M.jpg

180092588-M.jpg

180092818-M.jpg

180093006-M.jpg

180093104-M.jpg

180093227-M.jpg

180093459-M.jpg

180093867-M.jpg

180094452-M.jpg

180094591-M.jpg

180094827-M.jpg

180095160-M.jpg

#18180095464-M.jpg

180095542-M.jpg

180095644-M.jpg
www.Prideinphotography.com
Powered by Smugmug
Three passions wildlife, golf and the STEELERS
Equipment
Nikon D4, D300

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    How lucky are you??? What a great assortment of a wildlife, absolutely beautiful!! This would be my dream trip. Thank you for sharing thumb.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    How lucky are you??? What a great assortment of a wildlife, absolutely beautiful!! This would be my dream trip. Thank you for sharing thumb.gif

Thanks for your comments. I dreamt about this for decades. My oldest son told me that he remembers when he was a little kid that I used to talk about someday going to Africa and I finally made it.
    Powered by Smugmug
    Equipment
    Nikon D4, D300
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    As a die hard African wildlife fan, I'm delighted to see your images. They made me feel I was there again for a moment, for which I'd like to thank you.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2007
    marlof wrote:
    As a die hard African wildlife fan, I'm delighted to see your images. They made me feel I was there again for a moment, for which I'd like to thank you.

Yes, I loved it. It is almost too easy to take pictures. Just hold the camera out and push the button a bunch of times and you will get a picture of some kind of animal or bird. And if you don't then the landscape picture is pretty good too.
    Powered by Smugmug
    Equipment
    Nikon D4, D300
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2007
    kgarrett11 wrote:
    I just got back from a two week trip to Africa. This was an unbelievable trip that I will never forget. The animals, birds and scenery were fantastic. The only problem was that on the second day (and you Cannon people will love this) my D200 went bad on me so I had to use my D100 for the rest of the trip. I missed some good shots because the D100 is slower but still came up with a few good shots. Here are a few and you can go to kgarrett.smugmug.com to see some more. I took over 5200 shots but of course not all were keepers. Please let me know what you think (good or bad).

Well Camera failure can happen with any Brand, it's not exclusive to Nikon :D glad you had a backup camera so you could keep shooting thumb.gif

Gosh I'd love to go on an African Safari, I bet you had just the best time.
    Seeing all those Animals right there in the open how awesome would that be !

Glad you had a great time, thanks for sharing your African Shots clap.gif
    .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Wonderful pictures. Just an amazing assortment of wildlife. I, too, would be in hog heaven there. I hope Africa's wildlife can survive amid all the turmoil there.
  • Options
    dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    excellent series!! great job!clap.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • Options
    kriyababajikriyababaji Registered Users Posts: 295 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Great Shots!

The elephants and leopard is my favorite. Looks like you may have visited Lake Nakuru? Awesome place eh? Once a wildlife photographer visits Africa, it is all over....serious addiction! Keep posting more shots please.

Shane

dbaker1221 wrote:
    excellent series!! great job!clap.gif
  • Options
    DanteDante Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Amazing pictures and what a fantastic trip to take!!

Thank you for sharing! clap.gif
    -Troy (Dante)
    edited August 4, 2007
    Great Shots!

The elephants and leopard is my favorite. Looks like you may have visited Lake Nakuru? Awesome place eh? Once a wildlife photographer visits Africa, it is all over....serious addiction! Keep posting more shots please.

Shane
    I have always loved to go to zoos no matter where they are, but now I don't know if they will ever be the same. Like I said I took over 5200 shots and a lot of them were noisey but I bought Noise Ninja last night and played with it a little. It cleans some of my shots up a lot. There will be some more posts to come.
    Yes it was Lake Nakuru. The guide said that there weren't as many flamingos there as there normally were but there were still thousands. It is beautiful at sunrise.
    Powered by Smugmug
    Equipment
    Nikon D4, D300
  • Options
    evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Wow a group of cheetas and a leopard!
    They say the cheetas don't usually group up.
    I was lucky to get a cheetah, but never saw a leopard in my week safari. I love 2, 4 and 18! Would love to go back in about 15-20 years to see the changes. I love flying but 8 flights for one trip was too much for me.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    2, 5, 6, 15, 16, 18 thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb

Too bad about the cam...I bet you were sick about it.:cry
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2007
    Ric Grupe wrote:
    2, 5, 6, 15, 16, 18 thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb

Too bad about the cam...I bet you were sick about it.:cry

I was bummed for a day but decided that I couldn't do anything about it and I had used my D100 for a couple of years before I got the D200 and was a happy camper then. I missed a few shots because the D100 is slower and it was very very noticable when I was next to a Mark-III user and his machine gun was going off. But I lived with it and feel that I still came up with some good shots.
    Powered by Smugmug
    Equipment
    Nikon D4, D300
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2007
    evoryware wrote:
    Wow a group of cheetas and a leopard!
    They say the cheetas don't usually group up.
    I was lucky to get a cheetah, but never saw a leopard in my week safari. I love 2, 4 and 18! Would love to go back in about 15-20 years to see the changes. I love flying but 8 flights for one trip was too much for me.
    The cheetas were a family (a mother and her cubs). I didn't see a lot of them in Tanzania but they were all over the place in Kenya especially the Masai Mara.
    Powered by Smugmug
    Equipment
    Nikon D4, D300
  • Options
    ShasocShasoc Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    Congrats on this great collection of shots. thumb.gif
    Socrate
    "Natura artis magistra"
  • Options
    ABCapturesABCaptures Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2007
    im seriously so jelous!!! that is amazing, you got some breathtaking pictures. i wouldve loved to be in your shoes for that trip. wow!
    Hi, I'm Ashley
    *Love every creature*
    Gear: Canon Rebel XTi 18-55mm & 75-300mm

• Options
    edited August 4, 2007
    ABCaptures wrote:
    im seriously so jelous!!! that is amazing, you got some breathtaking pictures. i wouldve loved to be in your shoes for that trip. wow!

I had been dreaming about this for the last 30 years and finally bit the bullet and went. My anticipation was high and it was more than I thought it would be.