Options

FS: Canon MP-E 65mm 1-5x Macro Lens

bkrietebkriete Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited October 22, 2007 in House of Canon
Lens is in good shape but well-used. No box or manual, non-original end-cap. $750 shipped and insured, comes with RRS (or Kirk, I forget) A-S QR plate, or $725 w/o plate. Payment by money order or personal check. Will get some pics up later.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 29, 2007
    Pics
    189425489-M.jpg

189425823-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2007
    Sample pic with this lens:
    119840548-L.jpg
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    bkriete wrote:
    Lens is in good shape but well-used. No box or manual, non-original end-cap. $750 shipped and insured, comes with RRS (or Kirk, I forget) A-S QR plate, or $725 w/o plate. Payment by money order or personal check. Will get some pics up later.

Curious - How much for just the plate? $25?
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    Curious - How much for just the plate? $25?

I will let the plate go for $750 and toss in the lens for free.
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2007
    bkriete wrote:
    I will let the plate go for $750 and toss in the lens for free.

rolleyes1.gif
    Thanks for the offer, but I don't need two of the lenses.
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

If the buyer does not want the free lens w/ their purchase of the plate, I will happily take the lens.
  • Options
    edited September 6, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

You could always sell one. :)
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2007
    Bump with a price drop - $725/700 for lens and plate or lens sans plate.
  • Options
    Weekend WorrierWeekend Worrier Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited September 16, 2007
    bkriete wrote:
    Since this lens is selling new on Amazon for $648, would you consider a lesser offer on your "well-used" specimen?
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    I highly doubt price policing is allowed but even so, where did you find $648? I just looked on Amazon and I dont see any price going lower than $700 new or used.
  • Options
    Weekend WorrierWeekend Worrier Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    mr peas wrote:
    I highly doubt price policing is allowed but even so, where did you find $648? I just looked on Amazon and I dont see any price going lower than $700 new or used.
    This morning, the price was, in fact $648 on Amazon. No lie. They were down to their last 2 when I googled it and went to the Amazon site to check it out. There was another vendor on the Amazon site as well who had the lens for $639 New but wanted $15 shipping. Toss up, I guess.
    Since I was actually considering making an offer on this lens, I don't think that price checking constitutes "price police". Whatever this lens sells for is what it's worth. I was just saying that if I were to buy it, I'd want a significantly better price than what I could buy if for new. If the seller wasn't offline all day, I could have sent him a message via Yahoo to make an offer. I don't know how else to PM the seller.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited September 17, 2007
    Folks, let's keep a lid on the accusatory/unneccessary banter, please.

For the record:
    1. Price policing is not allowed, I nip it in the butt whenever I see it. That being said, I don't go around deleting posts left and right.

2. WW, you are on the right track with PM's. If you are having an issue sending receiving PM's please read this first:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=18703

if you still have issues post here, I'll square you away personally.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    Which Amazon is that?
    Since this lens is selling new on Amazon for $648, would you consider a lesser offer on your "well-used" specimen?

I just looked it up and found it at $827.61 on the U.S. Amazon site. I'd love the lens just have other priorities at this time...

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2007
    Bump. Sorry I missed the earlier drama re: pricing. Please feel free to email me, brkriete at the Yahoo place...or send me a PM! Just click on my username and you have the option to "send email" or "send private message". I never remember to subscribe to threads I create but I'm very good about checking email. Lens is currently selling for $800 from B&H, which of course doesn't include shipping or a lovely RRS base plate.