Options

>> vote for challenge 32 winner <<

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited March 1, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
please choose the winner of challenge 32. finalists chosen by shay stephens and me (70% match). hqsbud failed to fulfill his obligation of winning challenge 31, that being to co-judge the next challenge. from now on, i'm holding the prize until after the next challenge :D

pelican ballet in golden brown by ginger
15722238-L.jpg

lemondade in february by snapapple
16193929-L.jpg

sunny delights by nee7x7
15907137-L.jpg

coats by 4labs
15762365-L.jpg

trees - kenya by whamilton101
16261384-L.jpg

red pepper by stan
16213581-O.jpg

flame wars by adriank
16261517-L.jpg

close to gold by yuri pautov
16261605-L.jpg

black coffee by dkoyanagi
15849616-M-1.jpg[

lone surfer by christb4us
16261909-L.jpg

vote for the winner of challenge 32 118 votes

pelican ballet in golden brown by ginger
14% 17 votes
lemondade in february by snapapple
10% 12 votes
sunny delights by nee7x7
6% 8 votes
coats by 4labs
7% 9 votes
trees - kenya by whamilton101
8% 10 votes
red pepper by stan
3% 4 votes
flame wars by adriank
6% 8 votes
close to gold by yuri pautov
12% 15 votes
black coffee by dkoyanagi
20% 24 votes
lone surfer by christb4us
9% 11 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited February 21, 2005
    btw
    we had like 48 or 49 entries. pretty kewl.
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    andy wrote:
    we had like 48 or 49 entries. pretty kewl.

You would have had one more if I hadn't slept in this morning. I thought it was Sunday. 11doh.gif

Dave
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Some really great entries here...it was tough to decide! Great job, everyone!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    You would have had one more if I hadn't slept in this morning. I thought it was Sunday. 11doh.gif

Dave

Let's see it!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Let's see it!

I posted it to my PhotoBlog today.

I burnt myself with the candles twice, so I had to post it somewhere :D

Dave
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Wouldn't want to have to choose.
    All great thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Well, there's a shocker! I made the finals?!!???!!! :eek1

Hard to believe because there were so many outstanding entries (and of course I'm most critical of my own, so my shock is quite real)! Thanks for choosing my little weed flower as a finalist. I bow to the other entries in humble admiration~ bowdown.gif

Congrats to all on a really fun challenge and to Andy and Shay for having to make the tough decisions on which to choose, when there were so many really fine ones!

Cheers!
    ~Nee iloveyou.gif
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    I"m away when the winner is chosen so I'm congratulating him/her nowclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif What a great group of entries!!! I think everyone deserves the clap..clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif oh... ahum..:uhoh maybe I mithpoke ... applause.

This just keeps getting better and better. See ya'll when I get back.. hopefully with an emotional picture.
    Kisses all round and be good ya'll.
    Lynn1drink.gif
  • Options
    CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Some great shots here! ARG! So hard to decide! eek7.gif

~Heidi~
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....

• Options
    edited February 22, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    I posted it to my PhotoBlog today.

I burnt myself with the candles twice, so I had to post it somewhere :D

Dave

Cool. Nice blog, too. Hey if you're making money as a photographer, why do you spend so much time making excuses for being a beginner? You've got a great eye, and some great shots. Just my two cents. Spend more time talking about what you are rather than what you could be, or what you're working towards.

Also, I read your bio, and (I hope I'm not throwing too much at you), but you committed one of my pet peeves — double spaces between sentences. I think your bio would read better and look better with one space between sentences. In the book linked above, Robin Williams talks about that and other typesetting issues in very plain terms. That's a great book, one that I read back in 1989, I believe, and one that still holds true today.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, nice shot, great blog, love your work...
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    Cool. Nice blog, too. Hey if you're making money as a photographer, why do you spend so much time making excuses for being a beginner? You've got a great eye, and some great shots. Just my two cents. Spend more time talking about what you are rather than what you could be, or what you're working towards.
    I didn't realize I was doing that. I try to keep the blog lighthearted, and honest. I'll watch out for it in the future.
    DavidTO wrote:
    Also, I read your bio, and (I hope I'm not throwing too much at you), but you committed one of my pet peeves — double spaces between sentences. I think your bio would read better and look better with one space between sentences. In the book linked above, Robin Williams talks about that and other typesetting issues in very plain terms. That's a great book, one that I read back in 1989, I believe, and one that still holds true today.
    Writing is not a strong point of mine, not even close..lol. I never knew double spaced was a bad thing to do? I've got a new version of my bio that will be going up in the next few days. I'll make the adjustments there :D
    DavidTO wrote:
    Anyway, thanks for sharing, nice shot, great blog, love your work...
    Thanks for the helpful comments. I'm always looking to improve weather it be in my photography, or presentation. thumb.gif

Dave
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2005
    dkapp wrote:
    I try to keep the blog lighthearted, and honest.

That definitely comes across. Good job.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    hqsbudhqsbud Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    I sincerely apologized to Andy as, being a holiday weekend, I was away the entire time, which is no excuse, but it is hopefully an explanation. I apologize to everyone for shirking my duties as a participant in this very wonderful board.

I admit that once I realized the schedule conflict, I took the consequences lightly, as I felt that this community is for learning and for fun. I have enough stress in my life at this time without voluntarily adding to it. A private message from Andy showed me that I was quite alone in taking this lightly.

With that, I will not redeem my prize from Challenge 31, and I regretfully resign from being a participant on this board as any further participation makes me feel tainted.

Many sincere thanks to everyone for the wonderful feedback and sharing of experiences. Once again, I am sorry.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    hqsbud wrote:
    I sincerely apologized to Andy as, being a holiday weekend, I was away the entire time, which is no excuse, but it is hopefully an explanation. I apologize to everyone for shirking my duties as a participant in this very wonderful board.

I admit that once I realized the schedule conflict, I took the consequences lightly, as I felt that this community is for learning and for fun. I have enough stress in my life at this time without voluntarily adding to it. A private message from Andy showed me that I was quite alone in taking this lightly.

With that, I will not redeem my prize from Challenge 31, and I regretfully resign from being a participant on this board as any further participation makes me feel tainted.

Many sincere thanks to everyone for the wonderful feedback and sharing of experiences. Once again, I am sorry.

aw stop it. we want you to stay, participate, and win again, so i can exact revenge on you in the proper manner! deal.gif :whip :hang

no worries

cheers.

andy
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    hqsbud wrote:

Please don't worry about it, it's no big deal, stay!.