Options

damonff banning

door110door110 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited March 2, 2005 in The Big Picture
How dare Andy and the supposed moderators ban damonff from the site. The only decent photographer on the whole bloody site is gone for what? So that we can all pat each other on the backs for our dreadful photos of children and birds - pathetic. If this site wants to grow it needs to embrace dissent and other forms of creativity. To ban a photographer for pointing out that the challenge moderator is not fair and picks the same drivel fortnight after fortnight is not a bannable offence. Now, they'll ban me as well, drag my name through the dirt as they did Damon's, and may even question the quality of my photographs as they did to Damon. Shameful! How dare you call yourself a community. You're a bunch of bleeding hypocrits.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    door110 wrote:
    How dare Andy and the supposed moderators ban damonff from the site. The only decent photographer on the whole bloody site is gone for what? So that we can all pat each other on the backs for our dreadful photos of children and birds - pathetic. If this site wants to grow it needs to embrace dissent and other forms of creativity. To ban a photographer for pointing out that the challenge moderator is not fair and picks the same drivel fortnight after fortnight is not a bannable offence. Now, they'll ban me as well, drag my name through the dirt as they did Damon's, and may even question the quality of my photographs as they did to Damon. Shameful! How dare you call yourself a community. You're a bunch of bleeding hypocrits.

i certainly wont' ban you (i can't speak for the other mods or admins here), dan - but it ought not faze you... as you've been banned plenty of times before on other fora. let's see...

here's door110 your first incarnation at dpreview.

here's door 115 sadly, for you, door115 didn't live too long...

here's a search listing of threads (mostly) where folks are replying to one of your many, many different identities funnily enough though, the posting history of doors111, 112, 113, 114, 116, 117, 118 and 119 cannot be found, as the admin of dpreview (wisely) has deleted them, for they contained only troll comments, vitriol, and attacks.

the sad thing, as i've said numerous times before, dan, is that you have a lot of talent with photoshop, you've made some really good montages for that british mag you work for... and you could benefit this site (or any photography site) a lot if you would just share some of your techniques, tips, knowledge etc. but instead, you choose to be a troll. for the life of me, i cannot figure that out. sadly, it's a fact of internet life that i've grown to accept.

the good thing is that here at dgrin, is that we do moderate the board, and folks who troll will not be tolerated in any way whatsoever. there won't be doors110 thru 119 appearing here, i assure you. n.b. that this doesn't imply censorship in anyway at all - as long as you abide by the t.o.s. you're free to speak your mind.

oh and dan - wtg! you managed to insult over 2000 people with your words:
    door110 wrote:
    ...The only decent photographer on the whole bloody site is gone...
  • Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    It's not them trying to control the way people think. Lets face it this is a good community. The people here are helpfull and friendly. Thats what this forum is known for. You can't expect the mods to sit by and let people turn this into a flaming battle site like many forums have become. Expressing an opinion is one thing trying to incite a fight is another.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
  • Options
    amcamc Registered Users Posts: 84 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Hey 4labs...I don't remember giving you authorization to use that portrait of me on a public forum!!

yelrotflmao.gif
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    door110 wrote:
    Actually I think it was Fish who done the deed.

Good to see you again Doorman. I expect Donnie Darkroom and the rest of your character set will be arriving soon.

Dgrin is a moderated site and I expect they learned from DPR and other sites that to allow a few individuals to run around unchecked causing upset and seeking to start fights in an immature attempt to get folks to pay attention to them was nonproductive.

I don't recall anyone here assailing Damon or his outstanding photography. As for dragging your name through the dirt you don't need any help in that area.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    amc wrote:
    Hey 4labs...I don't remember giving you authorization to use that portrait of me on a public forum!!

yelrotflmao.gif
    Amc I pictured you more like this.rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    Which one...the bald guy or one of the naked kids??
  • Options
    door110door110 Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Hello Harry

There were a few posts that were aggressively posted about how damonff's current photography is not as good as the Chinese stuff - unbelieveable since I think that his, as you put it, oustanding photography is getting better all the time. Just last week he out up a photo that I thought was just incredible. However, maybe through pressure from the big bosses these posts were taken down. Funny since damonff was banned for attacking and the ones who attacked him are still posting along. It was an unfair action to take. Like wxwax said, he stopped after being told that he crossed the line. It seems Andy's minions didn't like damonff from the beginning (jealousy??) and used this as an opportunity to be in the corner of their guy. Once again, I think that it is despicable to have done this. You should all be ashamed.
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    amc wrote:
    Which one...the bald guy or one of the naked kids??
    I hope the decriptions came up and not just the pictures.. It's not very funny without the explanations.
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    If Im not mistaken, he was banned for 7 days.Im sure he will be back soon.
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    dude he was being insulting, and generally stalking andy arround the site. now i personally tried to get him to take a more tactful approach to his problem, that being his thinking that Andy is baised in his judging in the challenges, but my efforts were fruitless. should he have been banned? i dont konw, would i have banned him too? yup. you ahve to rule with an iron fist sometimes, otherwise people will move the line of decency and civility until DGrin becomes a giant flame war devoid of the information, instruction and courtesy that we all enjoy.

charlie
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    and I got bored with the Damon stuff, so I missed it all.

g :uhoh (for anyone who saw it, I thought a couple of his photos were taken down, but in rereading, I realize that HE took them down himself. I feel kind of foolish, so I deleted, but some of you might have seen my post before. I was wrong.)

Anyone for exploring minimalism. Or does anyone know of any good ways to sneak into places for good pictures of old people and emotion? It is another grey cold day here.ne_nau.gif1drink.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    door110 wrote:
    There were a few posts that were aggressively posted about how damonff's current photography is not as good as the Chinese stuff ...
    I am not getting picky about but this does not sound any correct to me, it has a quite offensive racist tone...:nah
    You indeed should be ashamed, doorman!

Roger
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 28, 2005
    Roger wrote:
    I am not getting picky about but this does not sound any correct to me, it has a quite offensive racist tone...:nah
    You indeed should be ashamed, doorman!

Roger
    Hey Roger - just to clear that up, Damon spent some time in china in the past year and posted many photographs, here actually. I think many of us found them interested. Doorman isn't being racist.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    RogerRoger Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Hey Roger - just to clear that up, Damon spent some time in china in the past year and posted many photographs, here actually. I think many of us found them interested. Doorman isn't being racist.
    Thanks, Erik and my apologies to doorman.ne_nau.gif
    I am a newbie and I guess I was yet not around at that time. Anyway, it is always better to bear in mind that not all the people have always been around when we refer to past facts...rolleyes1.gif

Roger
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    Roger wrote:
    Thanks, Erik and my apologies to doorman.ne_nau.gif
    I am a newbie and I guess I was yet not around at that time. Anyway, it is always better to bear in mind that not all the people have always been around when we refer to past facts...rolleyes1.gif

Roger
    This is true. History teaches us quite a bit. The issue at discussion here is totally different though... I'd rather not comment on that.
    Erik

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    door110 wrote:
    How dare Andy and the supposed moderators ban damonff from the site. The only decent photographer on the whole bloody site is gone for what? So that we can all pat each other on the backs for our dreadful photos of children and birds - pathetic.
    Well done, door110. You just managed to insult the entire leadership and membership of digital grin in one fell swoop. What do you plan to do for your second act? rolleyes1.gif

Nobody is holding a gun to your head forcing you to be here. If you don't like the forum, including the "dreadful photos of children and birds," please feel free to move along. I'm pretty sure you and your acerbic style won't be missed.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    oooh acerbic...and you spelled it right too.

2 points for a take down. mwink.gif
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    fish wrote:
    I'm pretty sure you and your acerbic style won't be missed.
    Door who? ne_nau.gif
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    LiquidOps wrote:
    Door who? ne_nau.gif
    Umm, the guy who started the thread. :haha
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Umm, the guy who started the thread. :haha
    maybe i forgot my [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags? haha
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    LiquidOps wrote:
    maybe i forgot my [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags? haha
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif sarcasm on the internet... always hit or miss. I missed it! :uhoh
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif sarcasm on the internet... always hit or miss. I missed it! :uhoh
    Wake up Waxy... geeze, even I got that one!
    Erik

• Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Wake up Waxy... geeze, even I got that one!
    Even you? :eek1 OK, now I'm really ticked. :pissed

:giggle
    Sid.
  • Options
    KaganKagan Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    door110 wrote:
    It seems Andy's minions didn't like damonff from the beginning (jealousy??) and used this as an opportunity to be in the corner of their guy. Once again, I think that it is despicable to have done this. You should all be ashamed.
    Andy has minions??? Sonuva^&&**!!!!!!!! I Have been here 2 weeks and had no idea minions were available. Andy if you have a spare I always wanted one. Can you do adoptions like cabbage patch kids? Shoot, Minions are even better than toadies...rolleyes1.gif
    Kagan
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    just for you, waxilicous!
    wxwax wrote:
    Even you? :eek1 OK, now I'm really ticked. :pissed

:giggle

16518527-S.gif
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    Kagan wrote:
    Andy has minions??? Sonuva^&&**!!!!!!!! I Have been here 2 weeks and had no idea minions were available....
    I believe minions are available only with the Pro account.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    amc wrote:
    I believe minions are available only with the Pro account.
    Quite true, however toadies and sycophants are on sale 2 for $5 today only. deal.gif
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    fish wrote:
    Quite true, however toadies and sycophants are on sale 2 for $5 today only. deal.gif
    Arrrghhh...I hate it when I have to look up words in the dictionary. Dippie.gif

PS... Do ducks look up words in the ducktionary?
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 28, 2005
    oooh acerbic...and you spelled it right too.

2 points for a take down. mwink.gif
    rolleyes1.gif