Options

I found a bunch of negs from high school

aktpicsaktpics Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
edited November 17, 2007 in Digital Darkroom
I found a couple of boxes of negatives, mostly b&w from when I was in High School. I would love to get them onto my computer, but my scanner doesn't do film. I am considering buying a scanner, scanning them (appx 20 rolls) and selling it on eBay when I am done.

If that is my best approach I would love some scanner suggestions...

Also, if I am barking up the wrong hydrant...

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    aktpics,

eBay might actually be a good place to start. If you can find one slightly used for a couple hundred bucks it might be worth it.

I've got a Nikon Coolscan V-ED and it's been great for me.

Otherwise, you might want to research some of the services that will do this for you. I believe I've seen them as low as .19 an image, Scan Cafe I think. 20 rolls of 36 images each will run $137 at that price, not including any shipping/handling.
  • Options
    edited November 13, 2007
    aktpics,

eBay might actually be a good place to start. If you can find one slightly used for a couple hundred bucks it might be worth it.

I've got a Nikon Coolscan V-ED and it's been great for me.

Otherwise, you might want to research some of the services that will do this for you. I believe I've seen them as low as .19 an image, Scan Cafe I think. 20 rolls of 36 images each will run $137 at that price, not including any shipping/handling.

Thanks for the reply!

Scan Cafe looks pretty good. Do you or anyone else have any experience with them?
  • Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    aktpics wrote:
    Thanks for the reply!

Scan Cafe looks pretty good. Do you or anyone else have any experience with them?

You're welcome!

I could have sworn there were at least a few people that had posted comments on their results from such services but I can't seem to find them quickly.

Hopefully someone will come back with a response. Otherwise do a search through the Dgrin forums for negative scanning and you should find one.
  • Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2007
    20 rolls? Not so much.

Digital Pickle?
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2007
    CatOne wrote:
    20 rolls? Not so much.

Digital Pickle?

Is that a scanning service or my situation? :D

Thanks, I will check them out too.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2007
    You're welcome!

I could have sworn there were at least a few people that had posted comments on their results from such services but I can't seem to find them quickly.

Hopefully someone will come back with a response. Otherwise do a search through the Dgrin forums for negative scanning and you should find one.

Good idea, I will. The more I think about it the better I like the idea of NOT scanning them myself...:snore
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2007
    Why didn't I think to check Club Smugmug!!! 11doh.gif
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,210 moderator
    edited November 17, 2007
    You're welcome!

It's here.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky