As I've just finished my new website...
I wanted to invite All of You people to have a look at my photographs :

http://antoniloskot.com

Comments & critique wellcome :)

Comments

• Options
    EyefulEyeful Registered Users Posts: 389 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    Very nice atmosphere in those mountain pictures ! And a nice, inviting website.

Good job

Rob
  • Options
    hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2007
    You have a lot of talent - I especially love the urban set. Very nice storytelling.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    antonjo wrote:
    As I've just finished my new website...
    I wanted to invite All of You people to have a look at my photographs :

http://antoniloskot.com

Comments & critique wellcome :)

Nicely done Antonjo clap.gif
    I like the way your images can be scrolled sideways with the slide bar.

Thanks for showing us your new site .... it looks Great thumb.gif
    .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    Your new site is great and I enjoyed seeing some new images from you! I've always admired your work, but don't see you post very much. :D I really like how having people in landscapes, urban, etc. adds another dimension to a photograph. Gives the viewer more to think about. Excellent work. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    antonjoantonjo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited November 10, 2007
    but don't see you post very much
    Unfortunately ... not too much time lately ... :)

But speaking about techical stuff, don't You think that photographs when You enter galleries, in the main page "home", are downloading a bit too slow ?
    I've figured that, someone who want to see pictures in good quality, is willing to wait, but I am a bit concerned it this matter ?

Regards
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2007
    antonjo wrote:
    Unfortunately ... not too much time lately ... :)

But speaking about techical stuff, don't You think that photographs when You enter galleries, in the main page "home", are downloading a bit too slow ?
    I've figured that, someone who want to see pictures in good quality, is willing to wait, but I am a bit concerned it this matter ?

Regards

It didn't seem like the homepage downloaded too slowly, but the gallery pages did. I have a very poor DSL connection so I'm pretty patient..........especially when I know it will be worth waiting for. :D Perhaps someone else can check this for you.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited November 17, 2007
    First of all, I really like the photography. Like Saurora said, I like the way you combine human forms into the scenery. Very original and cool.

The website? Sorry, doesn't do it for me. I disabled my flashblocker just for your site in hopes that maybe you've done something with flash worth seeing. Sadly I was disappointed. I don't like the scrolling film strip. It's too touchy and jerky. The slider joystick gives the appearance of being a scrollbar and confuses the user when the knob snaps back to the center. There's no indication that you're at the end of the film strip until you sit there and decide there are no more pictures there. Since the film strips are different lengths, you have no idea when that is. And the sound? Do I really need to bother people around me with unsolicited music coming from my speakers? No, that's really annoying. If you must provide sound, have it default to off, and provide a button to enable it. I could go on, but what's the point. I've panned other flash sites before and nobody ever appreciates my comments. Personally, I like a nice clean easy-to-navigate HTML based site for photography that features the images, not the website. But that's just me. 1drink.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2007
    Your photography is great, and I like the overall site design, although I agree with kdog about the slideshow navigation. thumb.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    antonjoantonjo Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2007
    Thank You so much for the comments about the website it self... :)
    I have the time to work on it a little bit more, so each and every critique is very usefull for me.

About the music / sounds, all the music players on the website are set defaultly to be off, You have to click on it to activate the music. So it is already done ...

About the navigation in the galleries - You can do it also with the keyboard cursors, I wrote about it in the info section, but maybe it is not visible enough ? The slidebar it self is comfortable for me, but I can undestrand that it doesn't work for everyone, that's why I decided to add keyboard option..

About the speed. I am optimizin the pictures right now, so each one is max 180 Kb ...

Regards
    Antonjo
  • Options
    Tom K.Tom K. Registered Users Posts: 817 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Hey! I love your web site. Beautiful innovative design. A HUGE congratulations on this Antonjo.
    Visit My Web Site ~ http://www.tomkaszuba.com/