Options

settings changed

I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
edited November 25, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I don't look at my settings very often, or even at my site for that matter ( not in detail)

However I notic now that I have been making some changes that loads of settings have changed oif their own accord

e.g. I had all galleries set to 'clean- changed
I had protection turned on on all but my 'Family (password protected) galleries- changed

how'd that happen?
Veni-Vidi-Snappii
...pics..

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2007
    Simon, we don't change your settings thumb.gif
    Have you used a different uploader, or used SmugBrowser or anything like that where you've accessed the gallery settings?
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Simon, we don't change your settings thumb.gif
    Have you used a different uploader, or used SmugBrowser or anything like that where you've accessed the gallery settings?

Not that IM aware ofne_nau.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2007
    Just discovered that there is no protection on my Landscape galleries, now I KNOW they were protected and that watermarking was on!headscratch.gif

yup this is since the new sizes were introduced IMO
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2007
    can I ask...is the verdict that all my settings could only be changed by using Smugbrowser?

Is there any other setting that might have caused it?

i.e. all my gallery customisations were out, I had them all set to 'clean' for example and that ( amongst other settings) had gone

Is this something that smugbrowser will inadvertently do, or is there another switch I might have inadvertantly moved that would reset all my galleries globally?
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    can I ask...is the verdict that all my settings could only be changed by using Smugbrowser?

Is there any other setting that might have caused it?

i.e. all my gallery customisations were out, I had them all set to 'clean' for example and that ( amongst other settings) had gone

Is this something that smugbrowser will inadvertently do, or is there another switch I might have inadvertantly moved that would reset all my galleries globally?
    You could have done it with SmugBrowser, yes, but for sure we (SmugMug) didn't change them for you. I can't really say exactly how your settings got changed, Simon, I'm sorry :(
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    You could have done it with SmugBrowser, yes, but for sure we (SmugMug) didn't change them for you. I can't really say exactly how your settings got changed, Simon, I'm sorry :(

Is there no seeting anywhere in SM (not using smugbrowser) that lets you customise settings globally?

I'm sure I didn't do it in smugbrowser, I had a quick look at it and din't bother anymnore and that was ages ago, but I have a vague recollection that there is a global setting button somewhere - or did I dream it? (quite possible)
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2007
    sizing not resetting
    Im trying to reset all my galleries ( yes it is taking a long time- I can only do a bit at atime)
    but this gallery
    http://digital-finger.smugmug.com/gallery/1640458/1/80108381#80108381
    won't show anything larger than 'Large' despite setting it to each of the other sizes inturn trying to get it to go to the largest sizes

Is it me or SM playing up?
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    Is there no seeting anywhere in SM (not using smugbrowser) that lets you customise settings globally?

I'm sure I didn't do it in smugbrowser, I had a quick look at it and din't bother anymnore and that was ages ago, but I have a vague recollection that there is a global setting button somewhere - or did I dream it? (quite possible)
    Yes, quicksettings, Simon thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    Is it me

Yes, go to photo tools>SmugMungous! (Bulk) and generate the XL display sizes thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Yes, go to photo tools>SmugMungous! (Bulk) and generate the XL display sizes thumb.gif

ahh. does trhis mean that only newly uploaded galleries wil automatically have the large sizes?

er no that can't be right becauase several have them already and I have never even seen the Smugmungous before...???
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 24, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    ahh. does trhis mean that only newly uploaded galleries wil automatically have the large sizes?

er no that can't be right becauase several have them already and I have never even seen the Smugmungous before...???

We create the new sizes any time an image gets processed. That means cropping, watermarking, color correcting, rotating etc.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    We create the new sizes any time an image gets processed. That means cropping, watermarking, color correcting, rotating etc.

OK this isn't making any sense to me at all

What I noticed was - some galleries where I set the largest size quite happily displayed those larger sizes, however the gallery above didn't

I dont understand what was different about that gallery??
    e.g here
    http://digital-finger.smugmug.com/gallery/2637235/1/139336658#139336658
    I just changed that image sizes and it worked fine
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 24, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    OK this isn't making any sense to me at all

What I noticed was - some galleries where I set the largest size quite happily displayed those larger sizes, however the gallery above didn't

I dont understand what was different about that gallery??
    e.g here
    http://digital-finger.smugmug.com/gallery/2637235/1/139336658#139336658
    I just changed that image sizes and it worked fine

The images in that gallery were watermarked on 11/24/2007 at 15:14:24 PST. That would have done it.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    The images in that gallery were watermarked on 11/24/2007 at 15:14:24 PST. That would have done it.

How do you mean; Watermarking prevents the large sizing?

Sorry I still haven't got itne_nau.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    How do you mean; Watermarking prevents the large sizing?

Sorry I still haven't got itne_nau.gif
    Simon, did you see this reply from Sheaf to you just yesterday?
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=688225&postcount=12
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Simon, did you see this reply from Sheaf to you just yesterday?
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=688225&postcount=12

yes I did

I know you guys are trying to tell me something but I just can't grok itheadscratch.gif

Can someone explain it one word at a time for me?:confused
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    Simon King wrote:
    yes I did

I know you guys are trying to tell me something but I just can't grok itheadscratch.gif

Can someone explain it one word at a time for me?:confused
    Okay Simon...

Newly uploaded photos get the new sizes (XL, XL2, XL3) automatically made.

For older photos (pre-SmugMungous), you have to do one of the following to create the new sizes:

1) use the SmugMungous! (Bulk) tool

2) watermark, rotate, apply a color effect

3) replace the photo

Does this help? More here:

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2007/10/15/smugmungous-october-15th-2007/

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2007/10/23/small-release-october-23rd-2007/
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Okay Simon...

Newly uploaded photos get the new sizes (XL, XL2, XL3) automatically made.

For older photos (pre-SmugMungous), you have to do one of the following to create the new sizes:

1) use the SmugMungous! (Bulk) tool

2) watermark, rotate, apply a color effect

3) replace the photo

Does this help? More here:

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2007/10/15/smugmungous-october-15th-2007/

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2007/10/23/small-release-october-23rd-2007/

Thanks - now I think the penny's finally droppedthumb.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..