Options

The worst sensor dust you have ever seen !

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited December 9, 2007 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Oh my...that's a pretty bad case! My husband would be freaking out right now! rolleyes1.gif Well, I would too if I had to cross their path every day! Yikes!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    gus wrote:
    I mean i like spiders i really do but the last count around my house was over 200 & some are getting to be a few inches across.

The buggars have a nasty habit of building a web over my path at night so i walk out in the morning & get a spider in the face.

Awwwwwwwww I wanna be there... dang it!
    I'd be beside meself with joy if I came across a sight like that Gus nod.gif

Are these all Orbs Gus ??? ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    oh my $%#$%@#@ god

eek7.gif

Actually, that looks like my entire trip to Kyoto last month.
  • Options
    RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    Maybe you should move eek7.gif ... I'd be screaming like a little schoolgirl... ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2007
    He-he...that 2nd shot is surreal. It looks like it's raining spiders! I can only imagine what my dreams would be at night if I had that many of those little guys in my face everyday! :D
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2007
  • Options
    speedracer04speedracer04 Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    i would have to move...fast haha
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 4, 2007
    but think of all the bugs they're eating!

some of those look pretty big, you better keep an eye on splodge eek7.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Spiders don't bother me because they eat other pesky bugs. :D

But they do get in the way and you have too many, so I'd get out the Raid. eek7.gif
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated
  • Options
    gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    gus wrote:
    The buggars have a nasty habit of building a web over my path at night so i walk out in the morning & get a spider in the face.
    How do you think they feel getting hit by a Gus in the face every morning? :hide You're nuts, I'm not afraid of spiders but that's ridiculous.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    :wow :eek1 Those would keep me inside for sure.......
  • Options
    tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    I like spiders, but not that many--and definitely not on me. I'd probably put aside my fear, and go get the camera....

Thanks for sharing your photos!

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2007
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Spiders are a LOT easier to work out than people. Its been a long time since a death from a spider bite here (actually since they made the antivenene for the funnel web bite) but about 500 die on our roads each year but everyone happily jumps in a car.....but show 'em a spider & they freak headscratch.gifne_nau.gif

Trust me, if I walked out my front door and saw a bunch of acrobats a la Cirque du Soleil just hanging out over my yard like those spiders I'd freak out, too.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Yabbut Gus, when they get in their cars they're too drunk to care.

Like spiders or not, that's just too dang many for my taste.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    nybor7nybor7 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    eek7.gif
    SCARY stuff alright.
    I almost walked into th espider shown here 2 summers ago. She scared the wits out of me. I snapped a quickie with my HP point and shoot. The weather was soooo hot that the lens fogged up immediately. The photo is NOT goo, I know. Just throwing it up here to show the spider.
    I emailed a University in Utah asking if she was venomous. Nope, just large and pretty(for a spider). She is called a Yellow/Black Agriope.
    I hope to take more of her offspring next Summer. This last summer we saw about a dozen of her kind 20' into the woods behind our home.

Robyn
    228816270-S.jpg
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2007
    Awesome. I sometimes feel we have that many Black Widows around our house. But they skulk in the shadows and their webs are just a big mess.
    Chris
  • Options
    JaredAndersonJaredAnderson Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 5, 2007
    Two things:

1. Where do you live(city/state or county/state will do, my wife wants to make sure that we'll never live there)?

2. A fun picture idea. Use something that is a large structure(radio tower, building, or even the phone polls that I saw in the pictures) as the background then play with a very small apeture to get a great depth of field and the various compression on the lens. I.E. zoom in really far from a ways back and you can isolate a spider or spiders and put them on the large structure making them look King Kong size. I did this with a small apeture and a wide angle and got this result:
    spidertz8.jpg
    The only photoshoping needed was to move a stray web strand and I got some fun results(it took one of my friends a half an hour to figure out that the spider was about as big as a quarter).

p.s. while backing up with the camera at you eye, for my sake, don't back into one of those spiders, I think I'll feel it from here!
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Awesome. I sometimes feel we have that many Black Widows around our house. But they skulk in the shadows and their webs are just a big mess.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Yabbut Gus, when they get in their cars they're too drunk to care.

Like spiders or not, that's just too dang many for my taste.
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2007
    gus wrote:
    I love spiders as much as my mac.

headscratch.gif I never thought I'd see the day where gus would exclaim his love for any kind of technology. It seems so ungusly.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    aerialphotoaerialphoto Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2007
    Neato - wish I'd gone out to take more pictures of ours. We had one build a massive web between our two houses here in Florida, and there were tons of them building webs over top of the roads for several miles going south of here. I've seen more this year than usual - and even after a few cold snaps there are still a lot of huge webs still being maintained.
  • Options
    HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Registered Users Posts: 550 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:

Careful walking around Virginia racetracks too . . .

229783663-XL.jpg
    Tim
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2007
    gus wrote:
    .... but about 500 die on our roads each year but everyone happily jumps in a car ...
    Not that few! :D
  • Options
    JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Yeesh...as a science educator I know some about the importance of spiders, but they still freak me out a little bit. That many would probably freak me out more than a little bit...
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Options
    Slinky0390Slinky0390 Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2007
    spiders freak the hell out of me :yikes i couldnt deal with them lol, time for the little pyro in you to come out with the lighter and wd-40
    Canon eos 30d; EF 17-40 f/4.0L; EF 24-85mm f/3.5; EF 50mm f/1.4; EF 70-200mm f/4.0L; Unicorns of various horn lenghts
    http://slinky0390.smugmug.com