Options

The old, abandoned garage

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited January 30, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Me and my friend heard about this old burned down garage. And after 2 months of complete grey weather, it was sunny!. We went to bed arround 3 am the night before, and i woke up at 9am with a sunburst right in my iris. I sent a sms to my friend and had some coffe before we packed our gear and began to walk towards the old building.

Not as good as schmoo ;). But still, my keeper ratio has increased a bit. And that´s a good sign of progress.

What do you guys think?.

248283756-XL.jpg

248283751-XL.jpg

248283840-XL.jpg

248284115-XL.jpg

248284176-XL.jpg

248283846-XL.jpg

248284191-XL.jpg

248283968-XL.jpg

248284094-XL.jpg

248283941-XL.jpg

We are going fo the nightpics this very night :D.

take care // Arvid

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Arvan wrote:
    Me and my friend heard about this old burned down garage. And after 2 months of complete grey weather, it was sunny!. We went to bed arround 3 am the night before, and i woke up at 9am with a sunburst right in my iris. I sent a sms to my friend and had some coffe before we packed our gear and began to walk towards the old building.

Not as good as schmoo ;). But still, my keeper ratio has increased a bit. And that´s a good sign of progress.

What do you guys think?.

We are going fo the nightpics this very night :D.
    take care // Arvid

I like them Arvid clap.gif glad your keeper ratio is up too.
    I like the dark feel about these images, rust, ashes, melted plastic.
    The place is quite a mess isn't it.

No. #3 is my favourite in this lot.

You did a great job, Schmoo would be proud of you I'm sure thumb.gif
    Thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Tao ZeroTao Zero Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2008
    Your shots are great. What gear setup did you shoot with if you don't mind me asking??
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2008
    Tao Zero wrote:
    Your shots are great. What gear setup did you shoot with if you don't mind me asking??

Thanx for comment :).

I shot these with a Pentax K10D and a solid 35 mm f/2.0 and pentax SMC 18-55 + external flash. Some with monopod and some without.

The exif is on my smugmug if you want to know more. But the apparture is not registerd on the ones with the 35 mm since it´s all manual.
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    I like them Arvid clap.gif glad your keeper ratio is up too.
    I like the dark feel about these images, rust, ashes, melted plastic.
    The place is quite a mess isn't it.

No. #3 is my favourite in this lot.

You did a great job, Schmoo would be proud of you I'm sure thumb.gif
    Thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D

The place is such a wreck!.. But still intact enough to give you some great photos. And a great place for graffiti practice :O
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2008
    Hey Arvid, this is quite flattering! I hope you had a good time, which is the important thing. I like your shots here, very gritty and cool. The PP is quite punchy too, which I like. It goes with the subject matter quite well.

I think my favorite of the set are #1 and #3, particularly 3 because of the duet of lines and curves, red and blue. thumb.gif

Your lighting is fantastic! Have to say I have only worked with available light so far, never having brought a flash with me. :D

There are lots of approaches you can take with these kinds of places. People sometimes take a documentary tack and step back to view the bigger picture. I tend to stay more focused on the tricks and patterns found in the details, but all in all I think finding art in something so ruined is a really enjoyable endeavor. But it can be quite challenging too, depending on what you're given to work with.

From the shots you've posted over the last few weeks it seems you have a really great urban location to go out and play with. Have fun! :D
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Hey Arvid, this is quite flattering! I hope you had a good time, which is the important thing. I like your shots here, very gritty and cool. The PP is quite punchy too, which I like. It goes with the subject matter quite well.

I think my favorite of the set are #1 and #3, particularly 3 because of the duet of lines and curves, red and blue. thumb.gif

Your lighting is fantastic! Have to say I have only worked with available light so far, never having brought a flash with me. :D

There are lots of approaches you can take with these kinds of places. People sometimes take a documentary tack and step back to view the bigger picture. I tend to stay more focused on the tricks and patterns found in the details, but all in all I think finding art in something so ruined is a really enjoyable endeavor. But it can be quite challenging too, depending on what you're given to work with.

From the shots you've posted over the last few weeks it seems you have a really great urban location to go out and play with. Have fun! :D

Thanx schmoo..
    I would have taken some more of the whole scene, Guess i got a bit to much into the details. Well, the building is still there. Just have to wait for the nice weather to come and visit me again...1 time in 2 months..Darn weather:(