Options

Whoo hoo....20D ordered!!!

KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
edited March 12, 2005 in Cameras
I'm very excited! I just ordered my new Canon 20D:clap . Comes with the kit lens and I will also be getting a Canon 28/135 IS lens and a battery grip. I already have my 75/300 IS lens and a 420EX flash (which hopefully when I get the money I can upgrade). Boy, is this ever addictive! I've upgraded cameras 3 times in the past year and a half. Hopefully this one will make me happy and I can keep it for a while. Now...the question of the day...what do you do for the 3-4 days shipping time to keep from going comepletely INSANE:huh ????

A very excited me!
Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.

Comments

• Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    Congrats Natalie! Can't wait to see the pictures you'll post once you have that one in your hands!
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    edited March 9, 2005
    Thanks Marlof! It's here, it's here...it's FINALLY here!!! I'm so very excited. My lens and grip won't be here until tomorrow. I do have my 75-300 lens, so I'll play with that until the other one arrives. Hopefully we will have a decent day tomorrow. Today was dark and gloomy. It doesn't matther though, I'll find SOMETHING to work with, he he.

I'm so excited!!clap.gifiloveyou.gifrolleyes1.gif

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2005
    Good luck,have fun:):
    Mine should be here tomorrowclap.gif
    John
  • Options
    T4TotsT4Tots Registered Users Posts: 198 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    MHJS wrote:
    Good luck,have fun:):
    Mine should be here tomorrowclap.gif
    John
    Congrats to both of you!!
    Tina Folsom :lust
    Photographer and Mom of Four!
    edited March 10, 2005
    soooooo jealous!!!

i went to the local camera store here in brea and held the 20d yesterday. the kid working the counter gave me 3 canon ad books to bring home to my wife. let the propaganda begin!!

have a great time with your new camera and congrats!!

jeff
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 10, 2005
    Congrats you two ^5
    You folks are right to be so excited clap.gifclap.gif You're both in for a treat thumb.gif

I can't wait to see your pics and read your thoughts once you start shooting with the new cameras :):

Oh boy, it's like Christmas in March......lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    Sadly, I two am ordering a 20D soon if I can't find a quality used one...

BUT I CAN'T WAIT! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2005
    OMG I'm in LOFF!!! I've had it for all of 2 days now...still learning all of the bells and whistles. Man oh man, 'tis great! I'm sure it will take me a while to get as comfy as I was with my rebel...but I already LOVE the pics so much more already! The only thing I can't get used to is the on/off switch being on the back/bottom. I keep forgetting to turn my baby off (well, I do remember...just not right offumph.gif ). Whoo hoo, I'm a happy girl now!

You guys have fun when you get yours! I know you willclap.gifthumb.gifclap.gifrolleyes1.gif !

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    Congratulations everyone!

Why am I not that excited? I was over the Rebel. I got the 20D the first part of February and then got lenses here and there, as I got rid of my old. Now I am chewing over whether it is worth it to spend a fortune on a backpack.

I love how that camera fires. I mean, for the most part, I say fire, it says "yes mam". But then I expected it to with all the money I had to lay out.

I am not jealous that you all got the 20D, I have had it for 1 1/2 months. I am jealous that you are finding such joy in it.
    Maybe if I could get it in the case without breaking my back...........or is that an excuse, lol. (It is not the camera breaking my back it is the lenses)

It is a good camera.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    holy frickin schnikes!
    got a little surprise from the wife today....ordered 20d!!!!!!

sounds like she was tired of my whiningthumb.gif

now the waiting game...1drink.gif
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    What did she pick out for herself?headscratch.gif

I guess you'll find out! New sofa...new car...new cat....rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    Congrats
    luckyrwe wrote:

Congrats to all... Looks like I get to order mine on Monday. I cannot wait. Where did you guys/girls order from? Hard to find a good trustworthy place but the internet prices are much better than here local in St. Louis, Missouri.

I think I'm going to order from PCNation.com, however, before I do I'll call and talk to order instead of ordering on a web page. I think they offer overnight shipping for $30 and for the difference I'm saving from buying local I'll surley pay the 30 bucks so I don't have to sit around and drull for days....

Can anyone give me any feedback on the default 18-55 lens that comes in the kit??

Thanks
    kc7dji
  • Options
    jeff lapointjeff lapoint Registered Users Posts: 1,228 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:

whatever it is, she deserves itclap.gifi wish i could get her a surprise of this magnitude...but alas, she is impossible to buy for and has much better taste than i. for now i'll just pick up her share of the chores and proceed to pamper her about the house until i find the right "thank you" gift.

now to offload the d rebel...hoping to avoid flea bay...