Options

best color for watermark?

mrfizzedmrfizzed Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
edited February 29, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
i know it actually depends on a number of things. for example i know if you are putting a watermark on a snowy picture you dont want a whitre watermark, but....what iyho is the best overall colro to make a watermark. mine are all grey from photoshop but i think they get lost on a lot of my images. thanks for the input.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    There is no "best"

I used 2c2c2c and then lots of fading :)
    http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/2843486_cJ9sk#152357886_k3VbU-A-LB
  • Options
    I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    mrfizzed wrote:
    i know it actually depends on a number of things. for example i know if you are putting a watermark on a snowy picture you dont want a whitre watermark, but....what iyho is the best overall colro to make a watermark. mine are all grey from photoshop but i think they get lost on a lot of my images. thanks for the input.

I wondered about this and decided at one timethe solution was to put s strong black-white gradient on it, but it doesn't look that great

My latest version is justa small white version as I like the cleanness of it, but of course it won't work on white

If I start talking many images with white in I will either move it to the middle or top of the image, or do a black version and keep those images in their own galleries so I can add that WM to just them

It's an interesting question!
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    mrfizzed wrote:

Also - you can have more than one watermark on SmugMug. Use one as the default in each gallery. When you see a picture where the watermark is not quite right then simply apply a different watermark to that one photo.