Options

Super Blue Sky in Baltimore

DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
edited March 2, 2008 in Journeys
These are some of the photos I shot while on my way back to the office from shooting my co-worker as seen in this thread.

Mostly done with my nifty new glass polarizer that came in my set with my 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM. But also blasted the sat with PS to really make it surreal. Enjoy!

259962839_7hC5J-L-1.jpg259962288_ij2UU-L-2.jpg

259963686_k59Qy-L-1.jpg

And then one lone parking meter that looked a little ate up.

259963279_CviFC-L-2.jpg

C&C welcome as always.
Modus Imagery
Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    Just beautiful it looks great
    nice
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    StagehandStagehand Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    This is going to sound a little odd, and I havent fully fleshed out the theory, but I think people show a prediliction to a "style" when it comes to photographing architecture that may not be visible, or eminent when one views other of someone's work. I think there is something about the way individuals view architechture that is highly unique to each person, and the style almost cant be avoided. People see structures in certain ways.

I dont know if that makes any sense, but lately I have been paying attention to other work on architectre, specifically, and this apparent pattern caught my eye. I'm going to work on it. :D

In this case, the three photos show a strong continuity. The way the building angles are aligned...anyway they are cool, interesting shots. That saturation really makes them pop.

I like the way the last one has strong central focus.
  • Options
    DI-JoeDI-Joe Registered Users Posts: 368 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2008
    Stagehand wrote:
    This is going to sound a little odd, and I havent fully fleshed out the theory, but I think people show a prediliction to a "style" when it comes to photographing architecture that may not be visible, or eminent when one views other of someone's work. I think there is something about the way individuals view architechture that is highly unique to each person, and the style almost cant be avoided. People see structures in certain ways.

I dont know if that makes any sense, but lately I have been paying attention to other work on architectre, specifically, and this apparent pattern caught my eye. I'm going to work on it. :D

In this case, the three photos show a strong continuity. The way the building angles are aligned...anyway they are cool, interesting shots. That saturation really makes them pop.

I like the way the last one has strong central focus.

Perhaps it's that most folks, when they photograph buildings... are on the ground? :P

Thank you for your kind words and comments. Let me know how your theory turns out. :P
    Modus Imagery
    Moving away from photography and into cinema. PM me if you have questions about DSLR workflow or production questions.
    Film Reel: http://vimeo.com/19955876
  • Options
    StagehandStagehand Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    DI-Joe wrote:
    Perhaps it's that most folks, when they photograph buildings... are on the ground? :P

Thank you for your kind words and comments. Let me know how your theory turns out. :P

yeah thats quite possibly it rolleyes1.gif

i have a lot of half baked ideas :D
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2008
    Joe: As ususal, interesting compositions and great photos...but I really LOVE the meter shot!!! very interesting!..
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP