• Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Interesting.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Yes, very interesting . . . facade? It's as though I'm looking behind it, as well! It's either that, or you have a really keen wide angle lens!

Very nice. I like the almost spotlight effect on the face. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Hello wfeller wave.gif

I'm afraid this shot doesn't really do it for me, I'm sorry.

I think it's too tightly cropped at the bottom, the corners of the building being exactly on/over the edge bother me a bit. Also, it's that you mention that it is a church; Because of the ultra wide angle, the cross on top of the building became very small, and definitely not something that would be the first thing to see. It would be nice if you could get that in focus somehow; At this time, my eyes just keep wandering around a bit, looking for something to focus on. Does that make sense?
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    Other than the sidealk in the front flattening a bit, I'm happy with the shot. I like the geometry and simplicity. The deteriorating bell house at the top and the possibilities with the wide angle really caught my interest.

Thanks for your comments, something to think about.
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    RNDRNDRNDRND Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    This is an interesting shot.

I think that it would look better if the power lines, or whatever they are, were cropped out.
    RND
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    Hello wfeller wave.gif

I'm afraid this shot doesn't really do it for me, I'm sorry.

I think it's too tightly cropped at the bottom, the corners of the building being exactly on/over the edge bother me a bit. Also, it's that you mention that it is a church; Because of the ultra wide angle, the cross on top of the building became very small, and definitely not something that would be the first thing to see. It would be nice if you could get that in focus somehow; At this time, my eyes just keep wandering around a bit, looking for something to focus on. Does that make sense?

I agree. The top half is great. The bottom half of the shot has problems with the angles and the edge of the frame, and also the blown out sidwalk.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops