Options

Newbie sharing and questioning

sodapopsodapop Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited March 20, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I just joined smugmug and am learning the ropes. This is a great site, with amazing work being displayed. I look forward to meeting more of you and sharing our work and ideas. Take a look at me at tammyl66.smugmug.com

I am very green, but enjoy my new hobby and hope to build up my eye and skills.

Has anyone ever taken any online photography classes? I am looking for a good one for beginners and would love to hear from you.:dunno

Can't wait to get going!:barb

sodapop

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited March 14, 2008
    sodapop wrote:
    I just joined smugmug and am learning the ropes. This is a great site, with amazing work being displayed. I look forward to meeting more of you and sharing our work and ideas. Take a look at me at tammyl66.smugmug.com

Has anyone ever taken any online photography classes? I am looking for a good one for beginners and would love to hear from you.ne_nau.gif

Can't wait to get going!wings.gif

sodapop

Hi there and welcome to Dgrin. wave.gif This is a great place for learning, so stick around. I can't give you any first hand information about online classes, but I have seen several discussions about them here. Use the Search function on the main navigation bar to locate older threads.

Cheers,
  • Options
    kangamanguskangamangus Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    Welcome!

Judging by your site looks like you are off to a great start!
    I fairly new to the DSLR world and have learned alot from just thumbing through threads and reading. Lot of my skills have been improved by just getting out there and shooting.

I love this pic of your dog:
    (hope you dont mind me posting it) What type of dog?
    263990658_gu5ak-M.jpg
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited March 14, 2008
    sodapop wrote:

Has anyone ever taken any online photography classes? I am looking for a good one for beginners and would love to hear from you.ne_nau.gif

Can't wait to get going!wings.gif

sodapop

Hi there Tammy, and Welcome to the Dgrin Forum.
    If you find any spelling mistakes of mine you being a teacher and all,
    pretend you didn't see them okay rolleyes1.gif

I've never done any Online Classes, everything I know I learnt from other people on the Dgrin forum.

Have you checked out the Forums online TUTORIALS yet ?
    Here's the link http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1100284

Lots of really great lessons to try out on the section of the forum.

There are some great books you can get too.

I saw the picture of your little dog, it's very cute iloveyou.gif I think my cat is bigger than your dog rolleyes1.gif

Sing out if you need any help, and we look forward to your sharing your pictures with us.

Enjoy the Forum Tammy thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    sodapopsodapop Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited March 20, 2008
    My dog is a cutie! He is part shitz tzu and part Yorkie. His name is Hershey and what a love. Thanks for the responses.

Soda