Options

I Need Help on This! RAW

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited March 20, 2005 in Finishing School
:dunno i have to many RAW converters installed on my computer and none work right!!! Some seem not to save ( there is no save menue) some seem not to give a full size preview, some I cant even open :scratch . All i want to be able to do is open a 20D RAW adjust WB and Exposure Control, convert it to Jpeg and be able to "save" it where I want. :cry Thats it!! I dont have photoshop so plugins arent for me....

Help me and I love you :lust

Troy

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    ne_nau.gif i have to many RAW converters installed on my computer and none work right!!! Some seem not to save ( there is no save menue) some seem not to give a full size preview, some I cant even open headscratch.gif . All i want to be able to do is open a 20D RAW adjust WB and Exposure Control, convert it to Jpeg and be able to "save" it where I want. :cry Thats it!! I dont have photoshop so plugins arent for me....

Help me and I love you iloveyou.gif

Troy

I use Capture One, and love it. It doesn't have a save command, because what you do is process the image, which produces a TIFF or JPEG.

I've tried the PS RAW conversion, and maybe it's just what I'm used to, but I really dislike the PS RAW converter. Personal preference, I'm sure, as so many are successful with it.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    troy- you have ps cs... just use adobe ps cs, and adobe camera raw.

get the latest version of adobe camera raw, from here, and follow the instructions and voila.
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2005
    then what do you do with the image -i process it and then what???

troy

DavidTO wrote:
    I use Capture One, and love it. It doesn't have a save command, because what you do is process the image, which produces a TIFF or JPEG.

I've tried the PS RAW conversion, and maybe it's just what I'm used to, but I really dislike the PS RAW converter. Personal preference, I'm sure, as so many are successful with it.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    then what do you do with the image -i process it and then what???

troy

When you process, the app will process according to your settings. Type (TIFF,JPEG), quality, etc. and to your process folder. So, when you process, you either don't do anything, because you're happy with the result, or you can open it in PS for further tweaking on the JPEG/TIFF file.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2005
    maybe thats it - i cant find the picture after its processed. David im using capture one right now and Im on the Process tab - now what???headscratch.gifheadscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

DavidTO wrote:
    When you process, the app will process according to your settings. Type (TIFF,JPEG), quality, etc. and to your process folder. So, when you process, you either don't do anything, because you're happy with the result, or you can open it in PS for further tweaking on the JPEG/TIFF file.
  • Options
    Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    Troy,

Since 1 week I've got Rawshooter Essentials, a free tool by pixmantec, you can tweak your images:
    40973743.jpg
    And save them by a simple push of "Insert" on your keyboard to a specified folder:
    40973749.jpg
    It's really easy :D
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    Thanx Michiel! finally after a lot of banghead.gif and some yapyap.gif from you guys - I think i got it!

troy
    Troy,