Options

How do I offer 4x8 Cards ?

Bill_PadorBill_Pador Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
edited May 25, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hi folks, I have been trying to figure out how to offer the 4x8 photo cards to my customers but can not find anywhere to place my prices in the Pro Pricing Screen to even offer them. It says ITEM NOT FOR SALE when I bring it up in the BUY PHOTO Screen on my end and when I log out to act like a customer they are not offered there either. Where do I look for these items to price them and set it up to offer them for sale ???

Thanks
Bill
New Jersey Photographer
Professional Photographers Association & National Photoshop Professionals Member
www.billpador.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2008
    I'm glad you like our new cards feature!

At this time, cards are only available for creation and purchase by you, as a logged-in SmugMug account owner. We'd like to allow pro pricing on these in the future, but no timeline on that yet, sorry!

In the meantime, you'll need to make a card for your client, then order it and ship to them, collecting payment from your client by your own methods. Here's how I, do it for my clients: http://www.moonriverphotography.com/gallery/3848373 .

You can show your client the designs on http://cards.smugmug.com/gallery/3824198 or, you can make your own gallery of samples like I did.

How to? Have a look here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=76819 and post any questions there in that thread.
  • Options
    Bill_PadorBill_Pador Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited April 14, 2008
    Andy Thank You so much for taking the time to respond to my question, once again SmugMug proves to be a great choice on my part to host my business web site & photos.

NOW I know why I couldn't FIND the option to sell them Laughing.gif I drove myself batty trying to get the darn cards to come up and looked EVERY WHERE for an answer Laughing.gif. It will be a great day when we can offer them DIRECTLY to clients, I know the holiday season will bring huge profits on these things especially for a client to design one directly from their own photo session captures.

I'm going to take a look at your links and educate myself on this topic. I'll be ordering a set of cards next month for a clients wedding thank you cards and look forward to seeing the finished results.

Again Thanks for the response !

Best Regards,
    Bill Pador Photography clap.gif
    New Jersey Photographer
    Professional Photographers Association & National Photoshop Professionals Member
    www.billpador.com
  • Options
    DTMPhotosDTMPhotos Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2008
    Minimum size reqts for 4x8 photo cards?
    Andy - One other related question (couldn't find the asnwer in the help probably since these are not avail generally)...I have a cropped B&W that is only 1900x2400 and I'm getting a "this photo is too small to buy this item" in the "buy this photo". This is weird since no other size is unavailable. I tried a full size and no issue...Just need to know what i need to upsize this to...

Thx

D.
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2008
    link to the photo? ear.gif
  • Options
    DTMPhotosDTMPhotos Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited May 25, 2008
  • Options
    edited May 25, 2008