BrascoleBrascole Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited July 26, 2008 in Cameras
http://www.focus-numerique.com/news_id-851.html
http://www.focus-numerique.com/... .../specs/nikon-d700-fiche-technique.pdf

Nikon SB900
http://www.focus-numerique.com/news_id-853.html

PC-E Micro Nikkor 45 mm f/2,8D ED and 85 mm f/2,8D
http://www.focus-numerique.com/news_id-861.html

In French but official ah Japan in a few minutes than it's really real. Still love my D300.

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,852 moderator
    edited June 30, 2008
    Are you saying this is a reliable site?

If so, can you tell us the basic specifications?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:

Refer to second site. It is the product brochure. It was to long to copy and paste in the forum, more than 2 thousand characters.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    nothing at Nikon Press Room ne_nau.gif

the price of 2800 Euros($4408.07)......well that is way to close to the D3 price isn't it??????
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited June 30, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:

the price of 2800 Euros($4408.07)......well that is way to close to the D3 price isn't it??????

I do not know what it will be in USD's. Official leaks from global sites occurred with the D300. Then Japan made it's official announcement later in the day. If you think it's a fake so be it. I'm happy with my D300 and that's what counts right????
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:

It has been posted at the LL as well.

http://luminous-landscape.com/whatsnew/#246
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    that's right!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    mackidbrendanmackidbrendan Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    heres another link to a leak of it in some german mag
    http://gizmodo.com/5020709/nikon-d700-leaked-in-magazine
    http://www.brendanryder.com

Use coupon code 4MdT6vueeZfpQ to save 5$ on a smugmug account
  • Options
    i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    The camera... I can't read the information.

However that flash looks SWEET.:D
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:

Brushing up on my French has become useful way before I thought it would.

This camera basically looks like a D3 based on specifications, the main difference I've read is eight frames versus nine frames per second. This could very well be replacing it and a D3x would come out shortly as the top-of-the-line model. Because otherwise the D3 would be a hard sell over the d700.
  • Options
    bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2008
    Best place to look is Nikon UK - realize the price cannot be a direct translation and we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out for here.

D700 -
    http://www.europe-nikon.com/product/en_GB/products/broad/1627/overview.html

SB900
    http://www.europe-nikon.com/product/en_GB/products/broad/1632/overview.html
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,852 moderator
    edited July 1, 2008
    ... and it finally hit at Nikon.com:

http://nikon.com/about/news/2008/0701_d700_01.htm
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Absolutly loved the designclap.gif, not the price :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    $2999 in US dollars, on sale in July
    http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond700/
  • Options
    mackidbrendanmackidbrendan Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    The D700 offers an extremely wide sensitivity range of ISO 200 to 6400. It delivers extraordinary image quality at low sensitivity settings, while also delivering outstandingly low-noise characteristics at ISO settings as high as 6400. Furthermore, sensitivity can be increased to HI 0.3, HI 0.5, HI 0.7, HI 1 (ISO 12,800 equivalent), HI 2 (ISO 25,600 equivalent), or decreased to Lo 1 (ISO 100 equivalent), Lo 0.7, Lo 0.5 and Lo 0.3, to expand shooting versatility

im not that smart when it comes to camera tech lingo but is that saying it has ISO 25,600 ne_nau.gif
    http://www.brendanryder.com

Use coupon code 4MdT6vueeZfpQ to save 5$ on a smugmug account
  • Options
    ulrikftulrikft Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    My canon eyes are crying:P that means this is a great camera! :D

Canon better make the 5d MKII count :P

imagine a prosumer FF with 8FPS! (with grip).

Things like extreme high iso.. spot-metering at selectable af-point..

BLISS!
    -Ulrik

Canon EOS 30D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, Tokina 12-24 f/4. Sigma 1.4 TC, Feisol 3401 Tripod + Feisol ballhead, Metz 58 AF-1 C, ebay triggers.
  • Options
    Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Sweet, now if Nikon only had more lenses with AF-S and VR that were not overpriced.
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
  • Options
    NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Only if I could hold a SLR right now :bash

This is definitely going to be my gift to myself for finally getting better, I mean, this is next to the perfect digital camera for me (Maybe thousand dollars more than I'd like to spend but for basically a D3 it's worth it)
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Basic camera question
    These new Nikons are making the thought of switching very tempting. I have little glass investment at present and so am planning to upgrade in the next year (body and glass). My only question is how do you select the AF point? Do you cycle through with the toggle switch? How does this compare to the Canon method (which is a bit slow/clunky on my 350D)?
    Thanks,
    E
  • Options
    OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    ulrikft wrote:
    My canon eyes are crying:P that means this is a great camera! :D

Canon better make the 5d MKII count :P

imagine a prosumer FF with 8FPS! (with grip).

Things like extreme high iso.. spot-metering at selectable af-point..

BLISS!

Yeah the new 5D better be fantastic!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    eoren1 wrote:
    These new Nikons are making the thought of switching very tempting. I have little glass investment at present and so am planning to upgrade in the next year (body and glass). My only question is how do you select the AF point? Do you cycle through with the toggle switch? How does this compare to the Canon method (which is a bit slow/clunky on my 350D)?
    Thanks,
    E

I can pick any of the 51 focus/exposure points as fast as I can push the scroll button on the back of the camera. I love being able to move my spot meter point to any of the 51 points.
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • Options
    jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Sure it looks really nice, but for me, it is still way too big and heavy. It would never make it in my bags for a trip. I keep on hoping that all this FF push doesn't slow down the development of quality, smaller cameras.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    OhEddie wrote:
    I can pick any of the 51 focus/exposure points as fast as I can push the scroll button on the back of the camera. I love being able to move my spot meter point to any of the 51 points.

I know it is crazy to compare a DSLR to a ps but I have hung on to my KM A2 just for the totally movable focus point......hoping one day one mfg'er will take the idea to a DSLR and these newest Nikons seem to be getting very close with that many selectable focus points..........

VERY GLAD THIS WASN'T JUST ANOTHER HOAX...........and so glad the price is waaaaaay under that 2800Euro equiv........since I was very much considering the D300 for my jump from KM/sony, I may have to look at this D700.....I just can't get my head into these aps sensors.....I have yet been able to get what I like in an image of people.....I just can;t zoom crop and shoot like with a film cam....this could be just what I need to get into full frame,,,,,,,,,,

Now to see if one of the focus screen companies have screens with crop marks for them:D and of course with a 95% viewable screen that goves and auto crop of 1.25% each edge that just might be the perfectly croped viewfinderclap.gif might not need an after market crop lined screen:ivarbowdown.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Nice camera for sure. For me, if Canon stuck the current 5D sensor into a 40D like body without all the electronic bells and whistles for about $1999, I'd be much more interested.

$3000 is way too much for me to spend on a toy. Then again, so is $2000.
    ha ha ha. I guess maybe in 5 years or so there may be a sub $1000 full frame dslr. I can hope can't I?
  • Options
    RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    I love to see Nikon turning up the pressure, nobody loses if there's a battle in the semi pro camera sector!
  • Options
    hschlessphotohschlessphoto Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    as awesome as this d700 looks, it almost looks like too much to be semi-professional. There are so many freaking buttons just on the front of the body. I think that having the line between the D300 and the D3 was the way to go. I'm not saying I wouldnt be begging for this camera the second i could:D but It just seems a little odd to me that they would get this close to the D3 witha semi-pro.
    www.hankschlessphoto.com

Follow me on Instagram! @hankschlessphoto

Nikon D90, 85mm f/1.8, 18-70mm f/3.5, 70-300mm f/4.5, Nikon SB-800, MX-600 tripod
  • Options
    BPerronBPerron Registered Users Posts: 464 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    I am so excited...Been waiting for full frame in a pro-sumer body...need to get one!!!!!! clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gifclap
    Brandon Perron Photography
    www.brandonperron.com
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Boy am I relieved. I have a D200 and D300 now. At $3000 the D700 doesn't even tempt me. The D300 is sooooo sweet for 40% less. Plus I've gotten use to the crop factor. and would have to totally rethink my lens collection for full frame. Whew!:whew
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2008
    Icebear wrote:
    Boy am I relieved. I have a D200 and D300 now. At $3000 the D700 doesn't even tempt me. The D300 is sooooo sweet for 40% less. Plus I've gotten use to the crop factor. and would have to totally rethink my lens collection for full frame. Whew!:whew
    I hope I have the same "luck" when the 5d is replaced thumb.gif
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2008
    I posted in another thread about how the D700 doesn't look to be worth the price difference over getting the more expensive D3. However, the 3000.00 price and using the battery grip to get 8 fps has changed my mind. For 5,000, you can get a D300 and D700. For event photographers, that might be a great combo to have and more money can be spent on lenses.