Options

smugmug is SLOWWwwwww....

PhotolisticPhotolistic Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
edited July 17, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
So slow I can not even get into some of my larger galleries.

My clients have been complaining and I am honestly thinking of switching to a new website because of the bandwidth.

Is there anything I can do? I love smugmug! :scratch

Comments

• Options
    EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    What kind of connection are you using? SM is fast for me even on a non-3g iPhone.
  • Options
    PhotolisticPhotolistic Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    Ekaj wrote:
    What kind of connection are you using? SM is fast for me even on a non-3g iPhone.

cable modem. Slow with safari and FF
  • Options
    EkajEkaj Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    My guess is that it is some issue on your end. I use a comcast connection and have no problems. Its even quick when I view photos at the original size. Have you tried viewing other photo sites?
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    I remember i use to have dialup and use to go through smugmug galleries with reasonable speed! . Now after upgrading to DSLR 512kb it is lightning fast though my dsl provider is worse in town !

Check out at your end ! mwink.gif

Btw i am experiencing slow speed of web browsing these days. All websites are showing weird behavior, one website is stuck and other on other window is fast and it goes on like that i checked on Safari and FF while there are no issues with MSN etc. I think virus has messed my life again anyway i am thinking to reinstall both browsers headscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    gman33gman33 Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    I had switched to FF3 and it was so bad, I uninstalled it. I read others complained about it as well...other than SM. I switched to Opera and Avant Browser and it is so much better. Using XP, P4 4gb RAM and FF was still an issue...Comcast user here eek7.gif
    Ed G - Philadelphia, PA
    http://ergphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2008
    Removed FF and Safari. Re-Installed FF all speed problems gone, all websites are going smooth now ! mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery