Options

Question about canvas prints...

RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
edited August 22, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
and fading. I just sold my first 2 canvas prints and first of all, they look amazing! My customer asked an interesting question and I thought I would ask it here and relay the info to her. She wanted to know if she should be concerned about canvas prints fading if they are exposed to bright sun in their home. Any info would be great!
A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2008
    75 views and not one comment? Andy...anyone?
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    RKnecht wrote:
    and fading. I just sold my first 2 canvas prints and first of all, they look amazing! My customer asked an interesting question and I thought I would ask it here and relay the info to her. She wanted to know if she should be concerned about canvas prints fading if they are exposed to bright sun in their home. Any info would be great!

I think this writeup is what Kodak says about Smugmug's current photo paper (100 years in normal house light, 200 years in dark storage). Prints (just like other forms of artwork) do fade faster in sunlight, particularly if not behind UV coated glass, but I don't know how one would quanitify how much faster in their particular environment. I'm also not sure if the canvas offering is this same type of paper or not.

Andy is on vacation right now - hopefully someone else from Smugmug can chime in.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question