Options

Bridal Survival Kit?

cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
edited September 8, 2008 in Weddings
I'm all about being accomodating, so I came up with an idea to have a little tickle trunk of "too bad I didn't have" things for the bride (and wedding party) A little touch that just shows I really am there for them!

I found a perfect little tickel trunk that is easy to carry, it fits in my camera bag and contains the likes of bobby pins, tape, tums, clear nailpolish, sunscreen, fly repellant, mints, gum, lip gloss (tub, with qtips to apply) advil, tiny bottles of water.

Just wondered if anyone else have done anything similar, and if so what have you put in your trunk!?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    cdonovan wrote:
    Just wondered if anyone else have done anything similar, and if so what have you put in your trunk!?
    Duct tape?
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    yes, I do that-
    You have some great items- add to that list:

-A Tide pen is good for getting out surprise stains/ spills
    -A pair of Mens dress socks
    -A hand held mirror for looking the bride to see the back of their hair
    -Safety pins
    -Lint roller (for you- because you will be on the ground to get the perfect shot)
  • Options
    VinnieVinnie Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    You have a lot of good stuff....

Here is another good reference...there might be some overlap

http://www.target.com/Wedding-Day-Survival-Kit/dp/B0009K7A2W

(toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, tissues, hairspray, static remover, Band-Aids, mints, clear nail polish, bobby pins, double-sided hem tape, stain remover, pain relievers, sewing kit, super glue, brush, dental floss and lotion)

I would also add some - granola bar or crackers, nail clipper, scissors and also some feminine hygiene products...

Or at least that was what my wife made me pack for her when we were getting married 5 years ago....haha
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    Drop Cloth
    Add a disposable clear paint drop cloth to your bag for the day. Bride can use it to step over dirt, grass. Or you can also make two hles for her feet and it can hold up the dress for walking through areas where she doesn't want to get dirty (like sand at the beach or wet grass - no grass stain!). She can sit on a bench with it under her and a zillion other uses.
    Vinnie wrote:
    You have a lot of good stuff....

Here is another good reference...there might be some overlap

http://www.target.com/Wedding-Day-Survival-Kit/dp/B0009K7A2W

(toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, tissues, hairspray, static remover, Band-Aids, mints, clear nail polish, bobby pins, double-sided hem tape, stain remover, pain relievers, sewing kit, super glue, brush, dental floss and lotion)

I would also add some - granola bar or crackers, nail clipper, scissors and also some feminine hygiene products...

Or at least that was what my wife made me pack for her when we were getting married 5 years ago....haha
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    You could also add:
    Tissues, Safety Pins, small bottle of hairsprary, Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets for the face. I photographed a wedding in May the temp was about 105, I brought a small case of unscented baby wipes that I had in the fridge. It was nice for everyone to freshen up and cool off at the same time!
  • Options
    cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    These are all awesome ideas that I'll definitly be adding to my trunk!clap.gif

Thanks!!!

Oh and andy, duct and scotch tape!
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    Corn starch baby powder - not talc. Among it's more usual uses, you can also use it on dirt/makeup on the wedding gown. Just rub a little on the spot and the spot disappears. Then it washes out nice as you please when the bride has her gown cleaned.
  • Options
    dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    it sounds like everyone's pretty much covered the bases here. all i'll add is bottles of water and advil can go a long way. i had a b&g out for a trash the dress shoot this weekend and she was getting a headache. a couple of advils, some bottled water, and a few jokes later, she was feeling good and ready to rock and roll in the sand and waves.
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • Options
    quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    I keep 2 umbrellas in the trunk of my car. One for my cameras and I and one for the bride that won't look bad in the photos. I find it odd that no one ever thinks it will rain in Seattle. At least twice I was the only one with an umbrella. headscratch.gif
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.