Options

Southern Californa get together, April 17th

2»

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    Don't forget to give us a report
    Just sittin here doin my weekend all nighters, and remembered how I can't go. :cry
    However please let us know how it was, K? thumb.gif:D
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 17, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Depending on Uncle Sam, this may be my last camera show until 2007. I'll know more in a week or so.

I will be there tomorrow at 9:30am with a Nikon N70 and 35-80 for sale. I'll check mail here before I leave.

It'll be great to meet a lot of you!
    Lucky, I'm shooting for 9:30 also. See you there!
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    I'll be the 6'4 guy with an orange Hawaiian shirt and a Canon 1DMkII, there should be very few of us. :):
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    Success!
    What a blast! Ian (Lucky) was a kid in a candy store, he could not wait to check out every piece of hardware there. Angelo, true to his word, was there waiting for me when I arrive at 9:31. He's a lot younger than I thought. His prowess on the boards just made me thought he was retired and lived here with no other life. He told me I must be thinking of Andy. :D Jeff popped in for a bit but we lost track of him before we could get a picture with him.

The next show is May 15th, I'll know by then for sure if I am going places or not. If so, this would be a fine time to sell the last of any remaining gear I have that dgrinners won't want. I'd like to go again, but let's wait for feedback from the others to see if it was worth getting out of bed early for on a Sunday morning.

I did trade Amy's N70, 35-80, SB-23 and 20mm lens for a SB-600 and $100 back. She has been shooting with the lens already and really enjoys the extra light. Now she can shoot her birds at f/11 instead of 5/6.

Maybe the others will post their opinions of the show. Here is a portrait of us at the event. we wish more of cou could have been there!

aah.jpg
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    very good show
    There was a lot of LUCK there :D well I did not make the pic , sorry guys but like i said was late to go ck on a job by the time i found you :uhoh hey were did your camera bags go ne_nau.gif did you guys sell everything .It was nice meeting angelo ,lucky h and luckr .and I really want to thank lucky h for bringing his sigma for me to look but i was hoping to try it but my camera is back home with it's dad .Lots of used glass and a ton of old cameras a booth that sells filters only filters and some new stuff .If you have something in mind to buy be there at 9:30 I was there just as they opened and I also saw angelo and I thought the same thing retired but no that young guy was angelo thumb.gif I will go back next month thanks lucky it was a great idea sorry i had to go but i had men waiting on me JEFF
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    all that gear and nobody's pm'ing me with notices that they found a zeiss distagon 21mm for $500??????????????????

nice to see you guys thumb.gif
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    andy wrote:
    all that gear and nobody's pm'ing me with notices that they found a zeiss distagon 21mm for $500??????????????????

angelo p/u one but it was $350 ??? not good ne_nau.gif
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    andy wrote:

I didn't find a distagon, but I did find a Zeiss Tessar 75mm. My grandfather has had one of these and has been using it since it was the best thing out there, I'm gonna visit him in May and I'm hoping we'll go shooting together...

As for the camera expo, it was really cool to meet the guys, troublemakers every last one of 'em! We talked about everything from cameras to politics to real estate! Luckyrwe really knows about cameras! Man I was just trying to keep up (nodding like I already knew all the knowledge he was breakin off) Angelo is just as affable and kind in person as he is on the boards and Jwear (also cool) shared his tales about the Evil Canoga Camera and then dissapeared like a ninja with one of those smoke grenades before he could be photographed! (I think he's wanted by the government, gotta keep movin') rolleyes1.gif Oh, and they had so much stuff at the expo it was CRAZY! I think I went around the show 6 or 7 times! Guys, if you're reading this, thanks for a great afternoon. We'll HAVE to organize a SoCal shoot some time soon, and if I'm not out of town, I'll be there!

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
    Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    I envy you guys!
    Hope to catch up with y'all on May 15th (that is, if I survive Yosemite:-)

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2005
    Glad to hear you guys had a good time.
    All the more for me to get out of this weekend gig, next time :D
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2005
    Thanks for the report, guys. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'll try to make it next time.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 18, 2005
    Ok, I don't know about any darn distagon but I had a great time.

Clearly I need to change my avatar since everyone seems to have expected to meet up with an old man instead of the healthy young stud muffin I actually am. rolleyes1.gif

Ian, I see you finally picked up that great camera. Congrats! The way you were running around those tables, checking things out, slobbering like a puppy, well gee - I feared they'd kick you outta the place! :D

Lucky - great job organizing this meet. And I have to agree with Ian. Your knowledge of cameras and equipment is intimidating. Hope to learn much from you.

Ian - also, that was some sweet glass you were packing in the stylin' bags. I'm totally jealous.

Jeff - Have to agree, you were like a ninja! Nice to meet you and swap stories. Next time we shoot.