Options

18+

angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
edited September 24, 2008 in Go Figure
I hope you like this photo I did awhile ago before I got my DSLR. I love art and art is what I am persuing. I know art is interpretive, and thank goodness it is!

It is not intended to push, explore or extend the boundaries of acceptable taste.

An interpretive statement posted by our esteemed moderator about this new forum. I understand why too!! But I believe that that is what art is also. I believe art can be a forum to push, and explore acceptable taste.

...I won't do that here...that'll be on my own dime somewhere else.

...just saying~~~
tom wise

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    I do think this pushes the boundaries (not of taste, as in the rules), especially in a forum like Dgrin that has never had a space for nudes before. thumb.gif

I'm not terribly keen on the sepia tone, personally. It is a bit on the yellow side to me, a touch too warm. The wrinkles near the bottom distract me. I believe that is the arm, correct? Perhaps there is something that can be done to minimize the attention there.

I did think "ouch!" lol3.gif

But what I do like is that I had to look at this photo a couple of times to really see it and realize what it was, and I consider that a very good thing. I like the shadows also, it seems almost boudoir to me for some reason.

What a great idea! thumb.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2008
    Perhaps this little change would help...but then it is what it is based on when it was..it was early on prior to my DSLR,
    on my Fuji S9100. So in that light, I tend to leave it as done. I see some really great art here on SM & DG, but I rarely find art I have done that cannot be improved.

You are so very observant Schmoo! In fact it was very Boudoir between me and the S/O in-chief.

...but no ouchies here...in fact I had to pick those darn feathers up prob ten times to get them to cooperate~~I'll spare you as to what I did to get them to...stay~but rest assured it didn't involve pain, or torture~

I like that it pushed that boundary...thats better than many, others!

So thanks for the C&C~~gratisthumb.gif

ciao~~tom
    tom wise