Options

A few more WWII bomber shots

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited October 2, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
The "Aluminum Overcast " was the one I bought a ride on....cost $400 for about a 45 minute flight and worth every nickel.

260192052_ZT4d7-XL.jpg

260192128_wqDQK-XL.jpg

260191906_jYjmh-XL.jpg

The f0llowing two shots are of the belly turret on the " Aluminum Overcast ". The second ia a little lighter than I would normaly process but I wanted to show the interior with some detail. The two machine guns are the square looking boxes on the top right and top left. You had to be very small to get into this thing.....I mean TINY....and the thought of flying a 6 to 8 hour mission, or more, cramped in this turret is incomprehensible to me.

260192620_vj63F-XL.jpg

260192773_uUwQL-XL.jpg

B-24 tail turret

259302493_CeEGD-XL.jpg

B-17 " 909 " tail turret

259300759_VCtuy-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    NomadRipNomadRip Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    I remember standing up in the upper turret of 909, trying to fathom what the sight of 109's bearing down on you must have been like. It made me sweat and suddenly feel quite claustrophobic, but I'm certain my imagination came nowhere near the reality of that type of scenario. And that wasn't near as cramped as that ball turret looked bowdown.gif
  • Options
    jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Nice work!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Great images Tom. I especially appreciate # 5 (the interior of the belly turret). I considered getting down there to capture that view but the thought of having to call for help to get back up convinced me to pass on it.:D

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Howdy Tom
    Howdy Tom,

What great colors, you've really captured some wonderful images, I'll bet it was a wonderful experience.

Very nicely done!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas